Cottage Garden

Doll's Birthday Card

I made this card for my elderly neighbours birthday. I was a little late getting it to her, so it was serving as a birthday, Easter and thank you card for my daughter's birthday pressies from her, I therefore went for a generic rather than specific sentiment. The image is a lovely vellum scene which came along with several others on an A4 sheet. I don't recall the stall I bought it from but it was at the Alexandra Palace 'Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show' last year. I really love the soft sweet cottage garden scene and wanted to keep the embellishments simple, so they didn't detract from the detail in the image. So I wrapped the vellum around some card, so no marks from fixing it down would be visible and then used a Martha Stewart punch - Floral Lace - along the bottom border to finish it. I just love the felt floral lace I used here. It's not easy to use as it's  quite a detailed pattern, but I felt it worked really well in this design. I ran it over a wide bright pink chiffon ribbon just to set it off a little better. I finished the card with a butterfly and pearls. A very simple design, but I am really happy with how this quick make came together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just love the butterfly! I have always loved getting your beautiful cards throughout our friendship. You are so creative, I´m so proud of you!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy