Tiets Club and Saturated Canary

This lil' doll is the perfect image to be posting today having just come back from the school run half frozen! The ice was all over the cars and all the leaves were covered in frost. Pretty magical actually and totally made me think of this gorgeous Saturated Canary image that I've coloured up just recently. She was created especially for Tiets Club and is totally gorgeous.


The challenge set by Tiets, was to use the following sketch when creating a card with this image, so I had great fun trying to figure out how I was going to do that! I've only followed a couple of sketches before, preferring to usually go where the whim takes me. But I really enjoyed having a set structure to follow and had great fun with it.


I have a gorgeous Christmas sentiment stamp which I bought at Panduro Hobby on my last trip to Sweden to visit my besty there. So I loved being able to use that on this make and I think this card will definitely have to be sent to her for Christmas. (I so need to buy one of those anti-static cloths!!)

P1100667

The fab feature paper was from the stash I won from the lovely Bev Rochester earlier this year. I still get a kick out of using 'those' papers, because I was so chuffed to have won them! I'll fill in the details of the paper later, as I need to rummage to find those details, which is impossible today, as we are selling the house and there's stuff everywhere!! Stressful to say the least!!! Can't wait to complete and have it all behind us, then it'll be booking the tickets home and New Zealand here we come! Can't wait!!


I added a ribbon and a sweet Christmas tree charm to finish the card, so here's a close-up of that little corner of the card.

P1100668

I distressed all the edges of the papers and used a lovely snowflake stamp set to add the details on the white paper and around the image. I was really pleased with how that turned out as I didn't really have papers that coordinated properly with the lovely one I got from Bev, so had to have a little play to create my own embellished paper. Not a bad experiment I think. :) The colour changing crystal gems are from Mei Flower, which just added that final finishing touch.

Almost forgot to mention this, and it's kinda a fun fact... I coloured this image entirely from the latest 'four seasons' Promarkers special edition set. Even the skin! I'm not entirely happy with the pallor of the skin, I still prefer my usual set for the skin - dusky pink, blush and satin, but it was an experiment to see if I could produce an image entirely coloured by these special edition pens. I think it came out pretty well all things considered! Love my Promarkers, very happy with this lovely new set too! I'm entering this card into the 'Passion for Promarkers' latest challenge ~ 177 ~ 'Distressing' and since I DO love my Promarkers to bits, I'm also entering the 'I love Promarkers' latest challenge ~ 145 ~ 'Anything Goes'. Finally, I'm also entering this card into a fab new challenge blog I discovered recently, called 'Party Time Tuesdays'. The current challenge #96 is 'Anything Goes'.

Thanks so much for looking today. Go check out Tiets Club for all the other lovely creations that have been made using this beautiful image from Krista Smith. She'll be available for purchase soon through Saturated Canary too I believe, so watch that space! 

Big hugs from me, now I need to get back to the stress-fest that is selling our house!!! Wends xxx

Comments

Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie this is gorgeous hugs pops x
Rosietoes said…
Lovely card with great embellies. :) Thank you for joining us on the Passion for Promarker challenge this week.

Edna x
The Crafty Den said…
Hi Nenny, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your colouring looks fab. I really like the glittery accents and pretty purple colour scheme. Thanks for joining in with our "distressing" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
Lorraine said…
Fabulous card. Great image and colours.
Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Lorraine x
lalkygirl said…
What a fab card ,love the colours and sweet digi,great charm too
Thanks for joining us at t I ♥ ProMarkers. And good luck
Tracey x
Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, ohh this is just gorgeous huggles Pops x x x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy