Lil' Birthday Princess

I have a quick post to share today. A sweet card I made for my baby niece's first birthday. This little lady is such a cutie and we're very happy to have her in our lives, so her first birthday called for an equally special little lady card. Personally, I can't think of anything better than a delish Sugar Nellie for this purpose. This one I thought fitted the bill perfectly. She is called Birthday Princess and was a digital stamp from Funky Kits. She's no longer showing on their site, so I think they may have retired her. Shame! She's such a cutie.

11185389204_df7adb2d3c_h

I coloured the image with my Promarkers (of course!) and added a touch of Diamond Stickles to the balloon for a little bling. I had some gorgeous pale lavender satin ribbon in my craft stash, so made that up into a bow to wrap around the card and added a Lili of the Valley sentiment on similar coloured card, which I had cut into a scalloped circle. I added a doily and scalloped circle from Spellbinders behind the image and finished with layered paper petals that I added a cute birdy button to. 

11185250396_306eaffc08_h

The yummy background paper is from a fabulous Panduro 6x6 paperstack called 'Tis the Season. I bought it when I was still living in London. It's actually a Christmas pad, but I had a vision in my head to combine the red and purple for this card and I think I got away with using this Christmas paper quite nicely. There's a good pic of the paper pad over on a previous post you just need to scroll down to the last of the 'stash' pictures. There's also a card I made using another paper from this pad. I machine stitched the paper in place.

11185395493_b0408d4da5_h

Not much left to mention now, just the pretty deep aubergine pearls I added to the top right and bottom left corners. Such a gorgeous rich deep colour. I'm pretty sure I bought these from MeiFlower. Now only one thing left to mention and that's the cute crown border strip I cut to run the ribbon around. This is a Magnolia die and worked so well for this card, even if most of it is covered!

11185293826_a85cf0b5d1_h

Finally a standing shot, to give you a better view of the dimensions and details. Thanks for popping into my blog today. I hope you enjoyed reading this entry. Hang around, have a cuppa, browse the back catalogue and I'll see you again real soon. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Just For Fun Challenge: Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody: #39 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #47 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #258 ~ Happy Birthday
A Creative Romance: Jenny's Bingo Game ~ Pearls, Glitter, Bow
The Sugar Bowl: #113 ~ Mother's Day or A Special Lady (A Special 'Little' Lady)


Comments

Sue said…
This is gorgeous Wendy. I love the sweet image, beautiful colours and such pretty detailing too.
hugs Sue xx
Donna Mosley said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love the sweet image and very pretty design.

Donna x
Elise said…
Oh my gosh, this is so GORGEOUS Wendy! This definitely is a perfect card for your baby niece! How sweet it is and I truly love all the different colors of purples on here!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise
Sheri said…
Oh my!! This is just too cute! Darling image, fab coloring...and the card design too! Your little niece is lucky to have such a creative aunt! Thank you so much for playing along with the Creative Romance Challenge. ♥
Pami said…
Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Sugar Bowl this month, good luck! Pami x
coops said…
so stunning wendy.i love the adorable image and your design and colours are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx
Wishcraft said…
Lovely colours and super sweet image too, a beautiful card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Jenny said…
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Creative Romance. Jen xx
kanatanewf said…
Such a sweet first birthday card! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sister Act Card Challenge! Hope to see you again next week! Sheena B.
Vicky said…
Hi my sweetie this is sooooooo gorgeous I love the image, she is so sweet & pretty. Love the lush colour. Thank you so soooooooooo much for your wonderful inspiring comments hun you have no idea how much they mean to me, thank you for your support & encouragement, its people like you why I keep on crafting hun mmwah.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Elaine said…
Gorgeous ♥
I love this image and it's perfect for any little girl (or big girl!)
Beautiful colours and the sentiment is so sweet.

Thank you for your comment Wendy, which made me giggle! Yep, I needed to lay down after adding all those embellies!!

Big hugs
Elaine xxx
Rachel Gillham said…
such a sweet card.. loving the colours you have used :) perfect for any girly girl! thank you so much for joining us at the Just for Fun blog for anything goes
Rachel, DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy