Easter Sweeties

A very quick post from me this evening, to wish all my lovely pals in the Northern Hemisphere a Happy Easter and to share two sweet Easter baskets I made for my kiddos. I meant to post this earlier, but we've been having too much fun celebrating our Easter, so a little later than I'd hoped posting.

13921801471_d7e816a5ae_b

I used two different Funky Hand paper sets for the baskets. Georgie's I made from a lovely set called Spring Wedding and Zac's from a cool boys set called Boys Will Be Boys. I printed a different design on each side of the paper, so that the inside of the baskets would also be decorated. I love how this looks and chose to reverse the print on the handle of Georgie's basket just to mix it up a little. You can see in the two pics below the inside papers. Just a sneak peak, as I couldn't resist showing them with their contents.

13921995151_0cd8bf26fd_b

13921963722_50bcefe3a1_b

The sweet Easter Bunny and Chick image I've used is from a lovely range drawn by the talented Sylvia Zet for Spesch Stamps. I've coloured them with Promarkers and then added a touch of yellow Flock to the wee chicks wings and some white FlowerSoft to the bunnies tails. I inked the edges of the images with memento inks in various colours and matted the images with a Spellbinders Lacey Ovals diecut in colours to complement the different baskets.

9466718561_b85872dd0e_h2   13945265263_21fcb38d4b_b

Funky Hand have got an Easter Sale running at the moment and all their gorgeous papers are 50% off! Yep, you read right - half price off everything until 11pm Easter Monday! So go fill your baskets. There are lots of fabulous choices. You can check out my previous makes using their gorgeous papers here and here

13945635794_8a49a4c3d1_b

13921721391_16790483c7_b

Thanks for popping into my lil' blog today and Happy Easter to you all. I hope you're having as much fun as we've just all had. It's bedtime here in New Zealand, so nighty night all. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Just For Fun Challenge Blog: Easter
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Happy Easter
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Animal Antics
Passion For Promarkers: All Creatures Great & Small
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Things With Wings & DT Call
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge: #99 Easter or Spring Theme
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Winged Things (Easter Chicks)
Crafty Catz Challenge: B is for... Bunny,Blue, Baskets, Baby Chicks!
The Squirrel & The Fox: #68 ~ Diecut or Punch (Spellbinders Lacey Ovals)
Deep Ocean Challenge: #75 ~ Inspired By A Movie (Hop - An Easter Kids Movie)

Comments

tilly said…
lovely baskets, bet all your eggs are eaten by now lol, thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
Tilly
Sue said…
I am pleased that you had a good Easter Wends. Your Easter baskets are gorgeous. I love the design, wonderful papers and adorable image too.
hugs Sue xx
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie simply stunning, HAPPY EASTER to you and your family huggles Pops x x x
Athina said…
What fun little baskets! Love the images! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!
Debbie said…
Beautiful creations dearie.So cute.Are they difficult to make? hugs Debbie. happy Easter.x
Dawn T said…
Simply gorgeous Wendy. You'll have to do a tutorial on making them
Elaine said…
Fabulous baskets Wendy! I bet Georgie and Zac loved them...and the contents too.
Hal always says he doesn't need an egg (now he's all grown up at 19) but I still have to get him one and he still eats it of course!

Happy Easter to you all.
Lots of love
Elaine xxx
Pat K said…
Adorable baskets Wendy. Happy Easter, hugs, Pat K x
Heather said…
Fabulous baskets Wendy, a lovely design and pretty papers.....your images are just adorable!!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
hugs
Heather xx
PaperDaisies said…
Both baskets are beautiful. Love the design. Thank you for joining us over at Loves Rubberstamps. Hugs Nina
Karen Oliver said…
Super cute Wendy. I had good intentions of making eater baskets didn't quite get there this year. Didn't matter tho the chocs got devoured regardless.....as they do. xo
Just gorgeous, thank you for playing along with my challenge theme at Passion for Promarkers this week & good luck. Jane x
coops said…
wow these are gorgeous wendy.your baskets are fabulous and I love the sweet bunnies ;D

xx coops xx
Little K Smith said…
Thank you for joining us at Passion For Promarkers with this wonderful creations! I love the cute bunny and a fab design for a little basket too :)
Kelly.x
Unknown said…
What a lovely creation with lots of 'B's on it! I am so glad you liked our challenge at Crafty Catz and entered with your wonderful project. Thank you and please come back again tomorrow for a brand new theme.
Hugs,
Anna xxx
Unknown said…
Superb, baskets, love them, great colours and images, thank you for playing along with us at Just for Fun, this month, best of luck xxx
Rachel Gillham said…
I think it is gorgeous, wonderful images and basket!
Rachel, JFF DT x
Très mignons !
Merci pour ta participation au squirrel and the fox challenge
Bises

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy