Sweet Stampin' - It's our Birthday!

Well that week rolled by fast! It's time for the next Sweet Stampin' challenge and we have a fandabbydozy one for you this week! It's Sweet Stampin's 5th Birthday!! So we're celebrating with birthday cards this week. Yep, that's the challenge, make a birthday card. Easy peasy eh? 

15798155571_9822f1f1d3_o
We have three fantastic sponsors this week, Wild Orchid Crafts, Marianne Designs and Crafty Devils. Come join us in our birthday fun and be in to win a fabulous prize from one of our fantastic sponsors.

Wild Orchid Craft with a £10 voucher

Crafty Devils Papercraft with a £15 voucher

and Marianne Designs with ... a super surprise.

I am a big fan of both Wild Orchid Crafts and Marianne Designs, so my card today features several elements from these two sponsors. 


The large bloom is a Wild Orchid Craft Large Gardenia, which I used a little Perfect Pearls Mist in Perfect Bronze, to just tone down the lavender edges of the bloom as I needed to have more of a mulberry pink colour. It worked a treat too. I layered the blooms on top of a fabulous Marianne Designs Lamp post die, which I cut from mulberry coloured paper. I used two white cosmo daisies and two white tulips both from Wild Orchid Crafts in the floral spray, I also tucked in a Marianne Design Chinese Rose which I rolled from the same paper as the lamp post and added a pearl to the centre. I tucked some pearl sprays in amongst the flowers, some curled green stems and finally a tiny rose from stash.

PicMonkey Collage

If you're thinking the paper looks familiar, you're not wrong. I did just use this exact same gorgeous Michele Roos paper on another project and in fact, this was my 'test page'. I started this project with the paper and the stamped 'Make a Wish' greeting exactly as it was on that previous project and then added my layers from there. I used the same ink for a birthday greeting in the diagonal corner and used a Marianne Designs decorative corner die to balance the flowers. I've wrapped the backing papers with a divine wide organza ribbon which was a gift from one of my sisters this year and inked all the edges of the papers with Bundled Sage Distress Ink.

15768986836_451a6bb2ca_o

The adorable image I've used is called Little Miss Mouse from Elisabeth Bell's digital collection. I just love these two sweet characters. I enjoyed colouring this image with my Promarkers and I've added Glossy Accents to the mushroom spots and a liberal coating of Diamond Stickles to the wings and daisy centres.

15798155571_9822f1f1d3_o

Thanks for stopping in for a visit to my blog today. I always love it when you do! Please stop by the Sweet Stampin' challenge too, and check out what my incredibly talented teamies have been up to. Both teams have joined to celebrate our big birthday in style, so be sure to check out their fabulous creations too. Come and join us with your birthday makes, I look forward to seeing what you come up with and I'll be back again soon with another DT card. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Party Time Tuesdays: #190 ~ Anything Goes
MilkCoffee Challenge: Lots of Embellishments
Loves Rubberstamps: #127 ~ Things with Wings
Inky Impressions: #186 ~ Anything Goes with Pearls
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge: #204 ~ Anything Goes
A Creative Romance: Something Old (I've had this digi image for years!)
Passion for Promarkers: #274 ~ Entertain Us. Based on a Movie (Fairytale)
Elphine House Challenge: #64 ~ Use Your Favourite Colours (Pink & Green)
Deep Ocean Challenge: #91 ~ Shabby Chic (As Shabby and Chic as this girlie can do!)
Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge: Favourite Colour Combo ~ Pink & Green (Pink + Any Colour Really!)

Comments

Utterly gorgeous Wendy & beautiful colours xx
mixamatoasties said…
Gorgeous card Wends xx
Pami said…
Such a pretty card, a real vintage feel about it. Lovely!! Pami x
Chris said…
It's beautiful Wendy. Lovely design, sweet image and such lovely muted colours, Gorgeous!
Chris
x
Sue said…
This is gorgeous Wends, I love the sweet image, beautiful soft colours and pretty detailing.
Hugs Sue xx
Wendy said…
So gorgeous Wends, love that sweet image and pretty colours and flowers.
Hugs
Wendy xx
Debs said…
Super pretty card Wendy - adorable image and beautiful flowers.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx
Sue said…
Fab card Wends and thanks for the lovely comment on my blog huggles Sue xxx
Dawn T said…
Beautiful card Wendy.
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card Wendy :-) the image is adorable and I love the papers and beautiful flowers, so pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
Pop's Cards said…
Good morning sweetie, this is simply gorgeous :0) Huggles Pops x x x
coops said…
so beautiful wendy.really sweet image and i love your soft delicate colours and pretty flowers :D

xx coops xx
Donna said…
Incredibly pretty card Wendy, such gorgeous details and beautiful colour scheme! Thanks for joining in at Passion for Promarkers this week and good luck! :) Donna ♥ x
Blankina said…
What a super cute card..great that you could join Loves Rubberstamps.
Hugs Blankina
Nikki said…
Lovely card with a gorgeous image. Beautiful colours and embellishments. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

Nikki
Lorraine said…
A gorgeous card. Lovely image and pretty details
Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Passion for Promarkers.
Lorraine x
Mary Lou said…
WOW This is Gorgeous Wendy!!! I also am a fan of WOC and Marianne Dies!!! Love the Little Miss Mouse image--so pretty in pink:) I am going to have to take a visit to SS blog!! Thanks for joining in the fun at EBWorld!!
Hugs
Carla S. said…
Gorgeous card, Wendy! I love the soft colors with the sweet image! Pretty details! Thanks so much for joining us for the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge this month!
This is so adorable, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!
Just gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at PASSION FOR PROMARKERS this week & the very best of luck. Jane x
Absolutely gorgeous card!

Warm hugs
Maarit
Helen said…
Great card - thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x
Rachel said…
Pretty card, love your colours.
Wedgie xxx
Cass said…
really beautiful card Wendy xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy