Sweet Stampin' ~ Valentine's/Love

Hey there lovelies. I've been helping at my sister's 'friends' baby shower today, so I'm chasing my tail and sneaking in a little late to share my DT creation for our latest challenge at Sweet Stampin'. We're having a Valentine's/Love challenge. So smooch on up to your loved one or like me, feel free to interpret the theme a little differently...


Maybe you recall this fabulous Unity Stamps set from a previous creation I blogged that I made for my niece when she was off to France on exchange for 10 months. You can pop over to take a peek at that one here. I love how versatile and how deeply etched and beautifully made these Unity Stamps images are. I love this one to bits and I'm sure this will be inked again before long. Very different from my first creation using this set but I utterly LOVE how this came out. 


There's so much beauty and detail in the paper I've used, there was nothing much more needed than the stamping to finish the card. Though I did think the compass was a fun finish with a bit of grosgrain ribbon. I wanted to keep it masculine as it was a birthday pressie for my brother, who had recently returned from a world trip. So rather then tie a bow to attach the charm, I simply used a tiny black safety pin!


Head on over to the challenge blog to see what my talented teamies have been up to for this challenge. I love how different our interpretations of a theme can be and those girlies are so talented, you're sure to be inspired. 


Do come and play along with us if you're doing some Valentines crafting. We'd love to see how you interpret the theme. I'll pop back tomorrow to update some of the extra details of the card. Hugs until then, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Shopping Our Stash: #338 ~ Birthday
Crafty Gals Corner: #157 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #4 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: #452 ~ Old Favourites (my Unity World Stamp Set)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Layer It Up (main panel popped up on foam against back layer)

Comments

Pat said…
Fabulous interpretation of the challenge theme Wends, beautiful card and gorgeous sentiment.

Pat xx
Chris said…
Love your take on this challenge theme Wends...not being a huge fan of valentine cards myself this interpretation really appeals to me! It IS a fabulous stamp, could be used for so many occasions, beautiful paper and the compass finishes it perfectly without spoiling the clean design. Your brother will love it!
Hope the baby shower went well!
hugs
Chris
x
Marilyn said…
I love, love, love this card and everything about it! The colours, the image and the beautiful sentiment. The navy ribbon and charm are the perfect embellie.
Brilliant card Wends....love your design and sentiment...and a big thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog....Joolsx
Wendy L said…
Fab card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx
And at Allsorts too, xxx
Pia S said…
Love this map style kind of design, looks awesome!
Cara said…
I love the romance of this card and the little compass charm is the perfect finishing touch x
Fikreta said…
wonderful card !
susiestacey said…
Great card and a very useful stamp.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Old Favourites'challenge this week and good luck x Susan x
Lena said…
Beautiful card! Love the sentiment and everything else about it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner
Hugs,
Lena - DT
Mimi said…
Just so pretty-- I love that it is masculine, but could go to either gender. Thank you for sharing this at Shopping Our Stash last challenge!
Gayatri said…
Gorgeous card. Great layering. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Layer It Up Challenge. Gayatri xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy