Whimsy Stamps ~ Monthly Wrap Up

Hey crafty friends, the Digital Divas have been over on the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog with our Monthly Wrap Up. Oh my goodness, you have to check this out, there are just SO many beautiful creations by the team and also all the gorgeous creations made by our March Digital Guest Designer Saskia van den Berk. So do be sure to stop by and grab a HUGE cuppa, because it's a really long post!!


I've been working on this sweet creation as my final share for the month of March. I just love this cute image from our newest stamp range to join the Whimsy Vault. This is of course the inkings of the fabulous Sassy Cheryl! I love this range and already had a number of her sweet designs in my personal collection, so it's been lovely to have these join our Digital Collection at Whimsy Stamps. They really are adorable and this cutie with that sweet face, totally stole my heart! I wanted to paper piece the cup and had initially thought I'd do it in a floral, but couldn't find a ditsy one I liked that would work for this. Well, you all know how much I love plaid, so that was my next logical thought and I think this plaid is gorgeous as a cup!


It was a bit much with the image straight on the plaid paper, so I broke it up a bit with the teal mat and I really like how this looks. I created my own card blank using this same cardstock, which my scor-pal really helps with, to get those folds just right. I tried adding extra details like a doily, but it all got a bit 'busy', so I pared it right back to the basics, adding just a diecut sentiment using the fab' Whimsy Stamps Large Word Die Happy and an alarm clock die from my stash. Why an alarm clock? Who knows, hubby wondered if I was meaning 'Happy Time' with the two together or perhaps it was a hat tip to the white rabbit?! I wish I was that clever, it was random, completely random, I just had a spark of inspiration that it might be fun and did it. No other reason, sorry to disappoint! Hehe. I did think I'd add a sentiment inside that used 'time' in it, but I've not found one yet that works, so suggestions welcome!


I took this last pic' indoors under the spots to catch the sparkle, so it's a warmer light, but shows the pretty sparkle the Sakura Roller Ball Glitter Pen adds. This was a labour of love glittering up all those tiny elements and then adding them back into the clock face. Thank Heavens for the precision nib on my Ranger Multi Medium Matte glue bottle or it would have been too tricky and my tweezers for this tiny close work were invaluable.


We've had such a fun month at Whimsy with some truly adorable creations and fabulous stamps released, we're gearing up now for our April release, which will be out in just a few days! So I'll be back very soon to share the first of our New Release creations, but in the meantime, check out the March release via the banner above and the thumbnails below for the elements I've used to create this card design. I hope you're all staying well and happy during this time of isolation. It's my birthday today, so it's all a bit weird and surreal today especially, but we will make it a happy memorable day regardless. Virtual hugs to you all xoxo


Challenge Entries:
The Cutie Pie Challenge: Little Cuties!

Comments

Happy Birthday Wends - may you have a wonderful day and an awesome year ahead.
Loving this fun card - that image certainly is a sweet one, and I love the clock element, it balances the whole nicely - maybe a sentiment along the lines of "It's time to say hello" ?
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Happy Birthday Wends! Hope you have a lovely day despite the current restrictions!
Your card is adorable, that's one sweet bunny! Love the design and colours, the paper piecing looks fabulous as does the sweet little alarm clock! So much patience to glitter it up like that!
Look after yourself and your lovely family, keep safe.
hugs
xxx
Sarah said…
This is such fun Wends, love the plaid paper, cute bunny and fabulous design. I thought about "Isn't it time we caught up for a cuppa?". I hope you have had a wonderful day in spite of the ongoing troubles . Lots of Love xx
Chrissy said…
Gorgeous adorable card Wendy and I LOVE the plaid and paper pieced cup and I think the clock was a genius idea..wishing you a very Happy Birthday, stay safe and healthy..

Luv CHRISSYxx
Oh this is so cute and I love the tartan and the great colour combo
Claudia said…
Hi Wends, hope you are well and fine. Love this card, sometimes I think our mojo is slightly connected, as I had also the idea to make this digi with a paper piecing! But happy you made it first, yours is wonderful!
Hugs Claudia
KraftyKoolKat said…
This is so cute & gorgeous. I love everything about it. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Hugs
Cathy
xxx
DT Member
Basslady said…
what a sweet card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at sparkles monthly!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi
Cazro said…
An adorable card, gorgeous bunny. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Sparkles Monthly. Caz DT.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy