Whimsy Stamps ~ It's Fall Ya'll

There are just some phrases that roll off the tongue and this has been a favourite 'Autumn Card' phrase for my crafty mates State side since I first heard it. I just love working this into an Autumn creation and what could be better than a stamp set that comes with that phrase! This adorable Krista Heij-Barber Rubber Stamp from Whimsy, has all the Autumn feels. There may be Spring flowers here where I am, but for a lot of you, It's Fall Ya'll! 


I've used some gorgeous digital paper designed by Crissy Armstrong for the background and used my 'recently neglected' but still 'favourite' Notched Corner Square Die Set from Whimsy to create the base and layers. If you wonder how I get the actual card base notched like this, it's very simple, I lay the base paper layer down, and then use my 1.5 inch circle punch, lining it up carefully to notch the corners of the kraft card base to match. Simples!


I coloured this fun image from Krista Heij-Barber with Copic Markers and then added some additional falling leaves diecut from an ink blended and splattered panel in toning shades. I really love how well they coordinated with the image. I used an older Kaleidacolor ink pad in Creole Spice for the blending and then sprayed the panel with my new Decayed Mica Stain from the latest Tim Holtz Halloween Distress Mica Stain Collection - Set 4. I couldn't resist this set when it was released, I love these colours! I coloured the image in Autumnal tones and then coloured the sentiment too, in a gradient of those same Autumnal tones. The image panel was mounted on foam for a bit of dimension. A simple finish and I opted not to add anything extra, because I felt the leaves added all the extra interest needed, so kept it otherwise very clean and simple. 


Thanks for stopping in to visit me today, I appreciate it so much. I will be back soon with another crafty adventure, I hope you've enjoyed seeing this cute Autumnal make, I had the best time playing with those Autumn leaves. I wish you a wonderful week and look forward to stopping in to visit your blogs soon too. Hugs xoxo












Comments

Chris said…
Such a cute fox Wends- he looks so happy playing imthe autumn leaves, your colouring is beautiful as always, great choice of DP and I love this card shape-the notched corners add so much interest to the design.
It;s a beautiful autumn day here- sun is shining , skies are blue and there's a definite nip to the air...the best kind of autumn day!
hugs
xxx
Pat said…
Fabulous card Wends, your image is super cute, coloured beautifully as always and great design.

Pat xx
Love this Wends - such a cute image, and the extra leaves a re wonderful around it
Blessings
Maxine
Sarah said…
I am another fan of Autumn Wends. Love this cheeky little fox kicking his way through those leaves. Fab card xx
Lorraine said…
What a happy card, love the fox stamp - he looks fab.
Lorraine x
Dawn T said…
Too cute Wendy. It's just gorgeous.
Louise F NZ said…
Ha, I think any excuse for us kiwis to say Ya'll is a good one ;)
LOVE the fox, sublime colouring as always xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy