Beach Boy

I made this card for one of my brothers-in-law. Not hard to figure a theme for him, he's your quintessential surfer dude! But he's not getting to the waves as much this past year, so I wanted to remind him of what makes his heart sing through his birthday card. It went down a treat too, so I was well chuffed!

I found this fun surfer dude on the Pollycraft website before it closed, but I believe you can still buy most of the Pollycraft images via Little Miss Muffet. I coloured the lil' dude with my trusty Promarkers (of course). I thought I'd ink the edges with a swirly stamp to mimic the waves, but let's just say, I muffed that one! I didn't have time to redo the image, so just squint a little and it doesn't look so bad!! LOL.

P1080829

I loved the papers, with the old surfers van, it was the perfect base for this card and I really didn't want to cover it too much as it's just so fun, but being ever so slightly addicted to Memory Box dies of late, I just HAD to use my new turtle dies. I've never seen turtles in New Zealand waters, but there are five different species that live in New Zealand waters apparently! Here's a close up look at the lovely turtles.

P1080832                 P1080830

I used a Memory Box Tropical Leaf die under the turtle on the left and the turtles were finished with some Glossy Accents to get that lovely shine on their shells. The sentiment stamp, was one I found in a big rummage through a grey rubber bargain bin at the last Ally Pally craft fair. It's such a fabulous place to find heartfelt, fun and quirky sentiments. I must confess I did go a little giddy last time, I must have snapped up a quarter of the box! I won't ever be short of a sentiment now!! I finished the card with a little twine and a lovely starfish charm from stash.

Thanks for popping in today. I hope you've had fun looking around my blog and maybe even checked out some of my older posts. Feel free to have a look around. If you like what you see, be sure to say hi, so I can pop in and visit you in return. Hugs, Wends xxx

Comments

Jane said…
Hey Nenny! Hop over to my blog there's a surprise for you, xx
Wishcraft said…
Fab card! Love this image and the paper's just perfect :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy