Sugary Sweetness...

My make today uses a gorgeous stamp from Funky Kits. It's yet another utterly adorable Sugar Nellie stamp. I do so love them. I've had it a while, but it's my first chance to ink it up and boy do I think these lil' dudes are cute! The giraffe especially, as it reminds me so much of the matching giraffe's my daughter Georgie and her lil' Swedish pal Malte had as babies. They were so cute and the giraffe's were pretty darn cute too! :)


I found some papers that worked well together from completely random sources, so I was pretty pleased with that. The background paper with the sweet baby sentiments on it is from the DCWV Nana's Nursery Girl set. The sentiment strip, was actually cut from the stripy paper behind the image, but I disguised the 'missing bits' by putting it on an angle behind the picture. So sneaky I know, but I really wanted to use both bits! The coloured paper mats behind the feature papers, started off white. I used the chisel nib end of my canary yellow Promarker and coloured up the white paper to match the lovely Papermania textured cardstock mat I used for the image.


There was more than enough going on with all the patterned paper, so I kept the embellishments to a minimum, just a little butterfly cut from whitewashed cardstock which I added a few sparkly gems to and simple pale green flat-backed pearls from MeiFlower to each corner to finish the card. The card base is actually a really beautiful pearl finish 8x8 card which I bought from Anna Maria Designs at one of the Ally Pally Craft fairs last year. Love these cards so much, they're so elegant, so I left a nice wide border to show off the sheen of the card. It's a shame it doesn't really show up in the photos. A little Stickles to glitter up the pink balloon and the 'bling' was done.


Have you noticed in my last few posts my new watermark? I have been trying to work out for the longest time how to do these, as I really wanted to protect any work I posted that could result in an artists work being used without permission - see the 'Stamp Out' site for artist protection and copyright protection when using digi-stamps. The lovely Claire from JellyPark offered to make a custom watermark during the month of October with a donation going to support Breast Cancer Awareness. So I had one made by Claire and I'm chuffed to bits with it. The stamp came with directions on how to use the stamp and I must say, it was pleasingly much easier than I'd anticipated! So I finally can post my cards, without fear that the illustrators work will be used without their permission. Definitely worth doing this and I'm so glad to finally have that sorted.

Well I need to get this card parcelled up to post to my lovely cousin who's just had a baby girl. Ruby, isn't that a stunning name?! Then I'm off to bed. I've had a terribly stressful couple of weeks. I'm so over having workmen in our space! Thanks for popping in on me and leaving me some feedback. It always makes my day when someone takes the time to leave a message and some feedback. Night-night and big hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries
The Sugar Bowl: #110 ~ Sparkle & Shine
Challenges 4 Everybody: #33 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #33 ~ Any Card Goes
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #194 ~ Anything Goes Birthday Celebrations


Comments

Alison said…
This is just adorable, Wendy. Such a cute image teamed with stunning colours. thank you for playing along at Fab'n Funky challenges.
Alison x GDT
OMgosh this is so cute! Love the images and the great colors and designs.
debby4000 said…
What a fabulous sweet card, do love the colours you've used.
luv
Debby
Elise said…
Awww Wendy! This is so PRECIOUS & SWEET! Love the happy colors too .. absolutely DARLING!

Big Hugs,
Elise
dmbennett said…
Beautiful card. Love that cute image and the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky Challenges.
Dawn DT
coops said…
so stunning wendy.really fab design and papers and i love your colours and sweet image ;D

xx coops xx
Elaine said…
A gorgeous card Wendy.
I totally adore the image, and the colours are amazing, so fresh and pretty and perfect.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx
Wow what fabulous card! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps!
gail said…
such a sweet image, your card is lovely. gail
Juls said…
Gorgeous, loving the zingy colours, thanks 4 joining us in the sugar bowl hugs Juls x
Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us in The Sugar Bowl Challenge this month - I love the bright and cheery colours you've used. Good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy