Nikki's Fairy

I have a treat for you today. A gorgeous image by the one and only Sylvia Zet. An enchanting fairy, seemingly enchanted herself by something in her eyeline. I just love Sylvia Zet's wistful images. She has a real talent and her images are beyond delish to colour. You can find this gorgeous fairy image called Mountain Lily as a rubber stamp from Whimsy Stamps

10065767453_a4f04c37fb_h

I love using really close colours in my images. I often will use subtly varying shades of the same colour. I don't know why particularly. I just really love the effect. This is what I've done with this image. Shades of soft khaki and olive greens paired with very gentle pinks. I had a bit of a play with differing colours in her hair too, which didn't work 100%, but I quite liked it anyway, so didn't colour over the lighter areas. I used a metallic Promarker on the little bell and added Stickles here and there for a bit of sparkle.

10065678805_fc9d5795a9_h

The gorgeous main paper is from First Edition Papers beautiful paper pack called Isabelle and the accent paper is from My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus range called Cherish, which is sadly out of print now. The third paper I used to mat the image and other papers was one I had in my stash from a Scrapbook Magazine paper freebie. I just love the way they all work together in this card. 

DSC_6103

I created the bloom from loose petals I had in my stash, which I layered up and then fixed with a glittered brad. I wanted to add a bit of depth of colour to the flower, so rather than keep the layers all the same colour, I inked the darker petals with one of my Promarker pens in a deeper shade of pink. They really are so handy for tricks like this. Love those pens! I layered a lovely diecut leafy swirl behind for a bit of interest which I also used my Promarkers to colour. It was cut from white cardstock and then I inked the swirl in a light khaki shade to work in with the colours in the paper. Finally I added two heart shaped pins to the bloom for a bit of gentle bling. 

10065655615_4da1f84245_h

When I was first putting this card together, I had sat it on the table with just the image, trying to figure out how to finish it. Then my hubby walked into the room, took one look at it and said, she needs something to look at. Hey presto, the butterflies were born and their flightpath set. I coloured the white pearlescent paper I cut the butterflies from with my pink Promarker to work in with the pink hues in the paper which worked really well. I had some tiny pink pearls which worked perfectly with them and then added some cream ones to depict their flight path. Simple, but perfect to give the wee enchanted fairy, her 'something' to look at.

10267836264_7803eaa877_h

Here's a final shot with the card stood up. The light was a bit harsher but it shows up the pretty pinks well and the lovely decorative corner which is from Whimsy Stamps Corner Die Set. That's all from me today me lovelies. Thanks for stopping in on my blog, see you all again really soon I hope. I have some happy news to share, but until then, keep living your dreams. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries: 
Cute Card Thursday: #304 ~ Warm It Up
Passion For Promarkers: #230 ~ Just a Fairytale
The Squirrel & The Fox: #61 ~ Show Off Your New Stuff
Crafty Catz Challenge: #214 ~ Winter Fantasy (Use A Fairy)
Whimsy Stamps Challenge: #67 ~ Something New (heart pins from a new set)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge: #199 ~ Recipe: 1 Image, 2 buttons, 3 papers (substituted heart pins for buttons)

Comments

Kelly D said…
What a lovely card that image is super sweet. Loving the colours that you have used and the flower that you have used.
I have now followed your blog and I am looking forward to working with you closer at Fab n Funky.
Crafty Hugs
Kelly xx
Too adorable! Love all the glitter and the papers you used. I started following your blog and am really looking forward to work with you at Fab´n´Funky! Hugs, Sujin (Bastelarena)
Sue said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. I love the pretty image coloured so beautifully. The papers and details you have added are so beautiful too.
Congrats on your new DT place with Fab 'n' Funky, I am sure you will love being part of such a friendly team.
hugs Sue xx
Pat said…
Hi Wendy, Lovely card, gorgeous colours and sweet image. Looking forward to working with you on the Fab'n'Funky design team.

Pat xx
Eileen said…
Love the muted colours you have used on Sylvia's beautiful image. The papers work so well and the butterflies are the finishing touch. Thanks for joining in with our 'Just a Fairytale' challenge at PFP this week, and good luck
Eileen x
Wishcraft said…
Such a pretty image and a lovely card, love the colours :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Wendy said…
Just popping over to welcome you to Fab'n'Funky, it's great to have you join us.
Gorgeous card Wendy, adorable image.
Now following you.
Wendy xx
Beccy said…
Love your colouring - welcome to Fab n Funky
Beccy x
Pat K said…
Beautiful card Wendy. So great to have you join us on the Fab'n'Funky team. I'm happy to follow you. Pat K xx
debby4000 said…
Absolutely adorable and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby
Loopylou. said…
swoon wend! those colours are so perfect and oh my, that is stroke only paper! its yummy!
huge hugs Lou xxx
CRAZYCRAFTSHED said…
Gorgeous and beautiful card Wendy love the image thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx :)
Simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.beautiful design and image and I love your pretty papers and colouring :D

xx coops xx
Unknown said…
What a wonderful use of colours. Thanks for sharing this with us at Southern Girls Challenge. Brenda
heidy said…
Wow your card is gorgeous Wendy,thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy
Unknown said…
Gorgeous card! I love your soft colors ... they are perfect for her!!! Your design is awesome and I love that your husband said she needed something to look at ... the butterflies are perfect!
Thank you for joining our Something New Challenge at Whimsy Stamps.
Ruza, Whimsy Digital Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy