Christmas Joy and New Year Wishes

Well, it's been a while, I have been so tied up with our house move. Lousy timing right in the middle of Christmas, but it has all worked out for the best. We've found a bigger house very near where we were living, so Georgie can remain at the same school and I can carry on at the local Playcentre with Zachy. So once we've unpacked and settled in, it will be great.

I've a really quick post today, with a card I made for my best Scandinavian pal as a thank you for all her generous pressies for us all. She has a way with choosing, that results in 'THE' perfect pressie for each of us! So sad we weren't spending New Year with them this year. My night last night, really didn't compare to our New Year in Sjöbo! My hubby got to party with friends, but I was sat at home with two poorly kiddos, sleeping through the New Year like a Nanna! LOL.

Wow, surreal moment! As I'm sitting here writing this post, who should Skype me as the eve of their final 2013 day reaches it's zenith, but my darling Scandinavian pal! So special to share in that. Miss them even more right at this moment. So close, and yet so far away!

Right onto my card. I made this card using a gorgeous stamp from Vilda Stamps, which I bought from one of my favourite online stores - Live & Love Crafts. It so made me think of my Swedish pal when I saw this, as she's the reason I have an obsession with Tomten's now! She totally made my Christmas by sending me a very gorgeous little Tomten, which when I saw it, I realised how 'in tune' we are, as I'd just finished making her 'thank you' card when I opened her pressie.

11373454175_ba225da388_k

I so loved this Vilda Stamps image when I saw it and knew I'd want to use it to make a card for my lovely Swedish pal. So it'll be winging it's way to her very soon with a big long letter. Just have to find time to write it between unpacking the boxes! So better get this blogged quickly and get on with it.

11373186744_e1a5d24a25_k

Here's the arty shot of the card, showing nicely the pretty monotone ribbon I used and white cotton lace. I stamped the snowflakes in grey ink using Panduro hobby snowflakes and dotted 'Stardust' Stickles glitter glue on the centre of the snowflakes to create that sparkly stardust effect. The image was coloured in greys using my fabulous Promarkers. So looking forward to further improving my skills with those this year. Really loving using this medium on my cards. A really fun discovery for me this past 18 months. So glad I managed to buy a decent set before leaving the UK, as they're REALLY expensive over here!

11675923424_8d9fe51893_o

Here's a close-up of the lovely image. I just loved the sweet moment, rubbing noses! Here in New Zealand, we call this a 'Hongi' and it's a greating of great affection. So I thought this was the perfect pic to share our thanks and love with our Scandinavian pals.

Well that's all I've got for you right now. Might pop back later to add some more details. But I want to catch the Live and Love Crafts Challenge before it closes. So it just remains for me to say, I wish you all a happy, prosperous, healthy and creative New Year! Cheers to a fabulous 2014 for us all. Hugs, Wends xxxx

Challenge Entries:
The Squirrel & The Fox: #60 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Bling It On!
Totally Gorjuss Challenge: #216 ~ New (New Year)
Southern Girls Challenge: Christmas Wishes Challenge
Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge: #66 ~ Party Time!
Passion For Promarkers:  #228 ~ Mega Christmas Challenge
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Pick of the Year! (December - Last Xmas Card)
Live & Love Crafts: #18 ~ Stardust (Happy New Year Sandy! Thanks for an inspirational 2013, you and your DT are amazing! x)


Comments

Laura Sterckx said…
Awesome card! I love the image! So cute and you colored it beautifully! :) Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! :) Happy New Year!
Elaine said…
I'm glad to hear you're settling in nicely in your new home. Sometimes these things are all for the best, even if it might not seem that way at the start.

A totally gorgeous card, I love these softer shades and I know your friend will adore it.

Just wanted to pop by and wish you and all your loved ones a very happy and healthy 2014.

Big hugs
Elaine xxx
Wishcraft said…
Fab image and such a lovely card... Happy New Year hun, and I hope you're all settled in your new home soon :o) Hugs, Lisa x
OMGosh this is so beautiful. Love this cute design and the fabulous images. Happy New Year and I hope the moving in gets easier and less work.
Penny said…
Love this image, too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Totally Gorjuss
Jenny said…
Such a super cute image and perfect card design to match. Thanks so much for joining us at Southern Girls. x
NGCARDS said…
Such a sweet image and a wonderful card! Thanks for playing at PTW and I hope you had a lovely Christmas & New Year! xxx
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.beautiful design and colours and I love the sweet image :D
Happy New Year too :D

xx coops xx
MagsB said…
What an adorable image, how cute that they are rubbing noses! I love the blue and white colour combo, and the delicate lace, too. Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

love Mags B x
Unknown said…
Hi Wendy,
So nice reading this long post about your Swedish friend. Sorry to hear your NY wasn't that great; mine wasn't either. To be honest, I even missed it; I woke up shortly after midnight bc of the fireworks. :-) Oh well; it's not such a big deal any more once you're getting older, is it?! Hope you're well settled in to your new house by now. Adorable card; these gnomes are so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at LLC & Happy New Year!!!
Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy