Whimsy Wednesday ~ For A Friend

Hey there lovelies. It's time for another Whimsy Wednesday and this week, I want to share a lovely card I created for one of my fav' crafty pals. She's just had a 'big birthday' but shhhh, I didn't tell you right?!! Knowing this was a 'big birthday' and not wanting to give anything away, I chose not to put a 'number' on the card, but rather to celebrate our lovely friendship made through the crafty world. 


This card had to wing it's way to England, so minimal embellishments is best for such a long trip through the post. I always admire the way others use washi tape on minimalist cards. So I gave it a go on this one. Don't know that I nailed it, but I love the pop of cherry yellow and I think it makes a nice mat for the lovely sentiment. Now shhhh, don't tell da boss, cos' I've snuck this one out early, watch this space for some soon to come gorgeous new release sentiments!


I have to share a close up of this sweet bunny, because he's such a cutie! Marina Fedotova is such a talented artist and I've loved her work for so long, so it's been such a joy to have her images now released through Whimsy Stamps! Let me tell you a lil' secret too, you are SO gonna love the new release waiting in the wings. It's FABULOUS!! 5 days to go and counting...


Here's a close up of these two cuties. I sure hope they brought a smile to my pals face on her birthday. They sure did to mine while I was colouring them up! You can just spot in this pic the Wink of Stella on her wings. Man that stuff is elusive to photograph, but oh so pretty in reality!


I've stamped these cuties with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink and coloured these gorgeous Fairy Friends with my Copic Markers. I really wanted her to be a 'platinum blonde', so I used my Warm Grey's to colour her hair and I've got to say, I just LOVE how that turned out. SO gorgeous, I'm definitely using that hair combo again. Remember that you can buy your Copic Markers from Whimsy Stamps now. Click on the links at the end of the post for all the Whimsy Stamps goodies. (The sentiment will be out with the new release in a few days)

 

It's been a whirlwind few days. I've managed to get the kiddos up North to our beautiful family beach for a few days R&R and fun with their cousins, which was a lovely way to spend the first week of their Autumn break. We've had such stormy weather here in Auckland I was a wee bit weary of our travel plans North, but we had gorgeous weather the whole time we were there! It was lovely to be away, but I do love the feeling of coming home too after a few days away. I'm such a lil' home body at heart! It was wonderful to be with my sister and her new bub again today and my babies got to meet their wee cousin for the first time! So special. I'll be back again very soon with the Whimsy New Release in May, until then, be sure to check out the fabulous release from April and all the wonderful inspiration posts from the rest of the DT on our Facebook Page. Big hugs 'til then xoxo


    


         
         

Challenge Entries:
The Paper Shelter: #336 ~ Diecuts
Crafty Catz: #413 ~ Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenge: #55 ~ CAS
Addicted To Stamps & More: #289 ~ CAS
Cute Card Thursday: #526 ~ Shades of Pale
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Flower Power
Shopping Our Stash: #351 ~ Mythical & Magical

Comments

Deb said…
Your card is so beautiful Wendy! I love that fairy and the pretty paper you used behind her!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx
I totally adore Fairies and yours is simply gorgeous, fabulous coloring of this sweet image and I love the sparkle on the wings.
The beautiful pattern paper is the perfect background for your little Fairy and her adorable bunny friend and I'm sure your friend in England loved this card.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.
Lucy Patrick said…
Gorgeous card and image Wends, I bet your friend will love it XOX Lucy
Sarah said…
She is a beauty Wends and I absolutely adore the pretty paper. I bet your buddy loved it xx
Aunty Sue said…
Wonderful make and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz this week hope to see you again in the next challenge.
Cards By MI said…
Sweet and lovely looking card with lovely image and design. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
Lin said…
Sweet design, Wendy - I especially like the way you used the washi tape! Thank you for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Ink Art Designs said…
Hi Nicola,
I looove how the bunny is jumping up and looking at the star. The colouring is superb too.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x
Ink Art Designs
Kath Stewart said…
beautiful card, the image is adorable and I'm sure your friend will treasure it, thank you so much for sharing your flower creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx
Anna-Karin said…
This is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing some flower power with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!
Such a sweet card!!! Adore that adorable image and amazing coloring. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!
Jackie C said…
Very sweet Wendy! Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC
Chris Dring said…
Wow! Such a sweet card! Love that adorable image and you've colored it beautifully! Thank for joining the fun at Shopping Our Stash!
This is gorgeous, love your coloring and beautiful layout. Thanks so much for playing in our Die Cuts challenge at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs:)
Audrey DT
Vannessa said…
Love this cute card Wendy. Thank you for joining in the Paper Shelter Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
Paper Shelter DT
Shirley said…
Utterly adorable, love this card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
www.shirlsartwork.com
Mrs.B said…
A beautiful card and such an adorable image.
Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Avril
The fairy stamp you used is adorable! Love the whole card design!
Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp MOnday challenge! Please forgive me if this comment is way later than the challenge you joined in, but i had internet issue. I still wanted to thank you though for playing along with us and to let you know I appreciate your project!
Have a gorgeous week!
Zoey

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy