Whimsy Wednesday ~ La Vie en Rose

Hey there lovelies. I'm here today with my Whimsy Wednesday post. We've no challenge going live today, as we're about to re-jig things over at Whimsy Challenge headquarters, so watch this space for the announcement of the new challenge plan. So I'm here with my usual Whimsy Wednesday Inspiration post and I think I have quite a fun one for you today!


Inspired by a gorgeous creation I'd seen done by one of my talented teamies Kerys, where she used the Whimsy Stamps 'Blossom Stamp', but left it black and white and paired it with a 'pop' of pink, I created this homage, to her gorgeous creation. I had this candy pink cardstock on my craft table from a recent make and happened to put the 'as yet uncoloured' blossom image on top of it. Of course I had this 'déjà vu' flashback to Kerys' gorgeous design and thought I'd try my hand at this Black & White with a pop of pink creation. I've gotta say, I'd do it again. This is so striking and gorgeous and although I LOVE the way Kerys used the letters to cutout the sentiment and back it with pink. I'm pretty happy with how mine turned out too. Be sure to have a look at her gorgeous original here.


I've used a white doily, backed with white card, so the blossoms don't show through, then added the fab 'LOVE' diecut, which once I'd cut, kept the lil' 'waste' heart from the centre of the 'O' and added some Stickles glue to that for a bit of bling, before popping it up on a deep foam piece for dimension. I wanted to add a little something extra to the design and was rummaging through some of my older Whimsy Stamps dies. I found my lovely dragonfly border and decided to trim a couple of the dragonflies off the border to use here. I added Stickles to their wings too for a little shine and sparkle.


My final touch for this creation was to wrap some candy pink baker's twine around and make a lil bow to the side. The base and doily layers were popped up on foam and so too was the heart, so not so sure this is 'post' friendly, but I love the dimension these layers add. I hope you'll check in to the Whimsy Stamps Facebook page to see when our new challenge idea is ready to go live. While you're there, do check out the awesomeness that is Team Whimsy! From the Digital Divas to the Rubber and Clear Stamps teams, Whimsy has some awesome inspiration coming at you in a steady stream. It's a one stop shop for inspiration! Actually Whimsy is a one stop shop for pretty much any crafty gorgeousness to be fair! So check out this months new releases while you're there. You can click on the banner below to go straight to the shop. Check out the gorgeous Digital Release here


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, have an awesome week and happy crafting! Hugs xoxo




(The Dragonfly Border die is no longer in stock, so is linked to the main dies directory. But I wanted to show your the gorgeousness of the full die! I so love my older Whimsy Stash. Out of stock, does NOT mean out of style!)

Challenge Entries:
Dragonfly Journeys: #124 ~ Flower Power
The Paper Shelter: #349 ~ Punches & Dies
Papercraft Challenges: #18 ~ Summer (Blossoms)
Crafty Gals Corner: #172 ~ Add A Ribbon or Bow


Comments

What a fabulous creation Wends - I dare not go and visit the site... I'm broke, but i think I may have that love die.... love the way you took the heart, 'stickled' it and popped it up
Blessings
Maxine
Pat said…
Stunning creation Wends, I love the backing stamp and the way you have used the glittered heart on the word Love, a fabulous make.

Pat xx
Jeannie said…
Hi Wendy! This is really sweet and I love the pink with the black and white background and of course the sparkly dragonflies. Thanks so much for joining my Flower Power challenge and good luck :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys
Fikreta said…
wonderful card!
CraftyNatalie said…
Great creation. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter.
A gorgeous card, love the colour combo!

Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck! Hugs, Susan X
Judy Markowitz said…
What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy