Whimsy Stamps ~ September New Release

I just don't know how it's already September?! This is a bittersweet day for me, as it's my daddy's birthday and he's been gone for 19 years now. So it's always a bit sad when September 1st rolls around. I should have been sharing this day with my siblings and beautiful mummy, but I'm still under the weather, this bug which arrived just in time for me to start my new job has been kicking my butt for the past two weeks, so I'm looking forward to it going. But it meant a quieter day today and not sharing it with the rest of my wider family. Awful to miss the gathering, but I so needed a quiet day in! My little family has all had it and we're struggling to shake it off. So a quiet day in is perfect. But you didn't come here to hear that! So let me get to sharing our gorgeous New Release at Whimsy Stamps. It's SO fabulous, I just know you're going to LOVE it! 


We never celebrated Halloween when I was small, it was very much an 'American' tradition, but since my kiddos were small and we lived in England, I had friends around me who did celebrate and we have enjoyed many 'too cute to spook' Halloweens. Over the years I've got more and more into it! I can't stand the really scary masks as I'm just not into 'sleuky' stuff (my daughter's word for spooky since she was really little), but we love joining in with some cutesy Halloween fun. This gorgeous image above is all about 'Too Cute To Spook' for me. I just love this sweet Halloween Mouse. He's is in our latest Whimsy Stamps Digital Release and is absolutely perfect for some Halloween fun.


I coloured this sweet image from our Rustic Sugar Range at Whimsy Stamps with my Copic Markers. This cutie is called Candy Mouse and I had fun colouring up all the yummy candy and adding little touches of glitter and texture to the candy. Such a cute image, I'm keen to colour it again and make some Halloween treat bags!


The paper was so 'busy', that I used for this creation, I wanted to tone it down a little around the image, so I decided a black doily was the ticket, but didn't have one! So I've used my Copic Black marker and coloured up the visible area of this plain doily to fit the look I was going for. I used a sentiment from the paper set I used, but it was a conversation bubble, so I just trimmed that bit off on the lower left, to have it as an ordinary shape. Think I got away with it! Hehe.


I've used a large die to create the lovely shape of the card and I have to say that I just LOVE this Echo Park paper combined with this sweet image. I think it's so fun! The paper comes from the Echo Park set called Hocus Pocus and the sentiment was from the Echo Park set called Halloween Town. Two fun and fabulous sets, both available as digital and physical paper sets from Snap Click Supply.


I hope you've enjoyed seeing a little of my creative process tonight, I'll be back again very soon with another crafty adventure. In the meantime, I encourage you to swing by the store to check out the full Digital New Release. You can click on the banner above to head straight to the store or check out the thumbnails at the end of this post. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo




Challenge Entries:
Creatalicious: #170 ~ Anything Goes
A Gem of a Challenge: #17 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #34 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #113 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #397 ~ Anything Goes

Comments

Chris said…
Sorry you're still struggling with that bug Wends, not great timing with the new job! Shame you're not feeling up to the family celebration as I know how much your family means to you, but probably a wise decision to get some rest!
Love your cute and colourful card, that little mouse is adorable.Hope you feel better soon.
xxx
Dawn T said…
Love too cute to spook! Great card Wendy. And a quiet day with the family would have helped beat the lurgy. Take care
I am not into Halloween but I do like seeing the cute images and lovely colours like your card here
What a fun card Wends - loving the paper you used, and a great adaptation of the doily - it certainly accented the image panel perfectly
Blessings
Maxine
Pop's Cards said…
We don't really celebrate Halloween here as there are no little ones about anymore, but I love seeing Halloween stuff and (Teej has his birthday) the family are usually out and I sit alone waiting with heaps of sweets and no one comes, I would love to see little ones again, your card is just gorgeous I love the cute image and fabby papers a perfect combo, hugs Pops x
Sarah said…
What a gorgeous release and you have done an amazing job on your chosen image, love the paper too. Sorry to hear you are still under par Wends and hope that you are soo fightig fit. Hope the day wasn't too sad for you xx
Pat said…
Great Halloween card Wends, such a cute little image beautifully coloured. So sorry you are having trouble shaking off the bug, hope you are soon feeling better.

Pat xx
Tracy said…
Oh gosh that paper is so cute and your coloring matches perfectly. That little mousie sure is a cutie. Great card Wendy! Hugs!
Joy Wilson said…
Darling card! I don't which is cuter the image or the candy paper? Love it! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
Claudia said…
My Dear, this is so great. Love the combination with the patterned paper fully matching the lovely image.

Hugs Claudia
Dawn Frost said…
Love your background paper it makes your image pop! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy challenges, good luck! Dawn Colour Crazy DT
Melanie said…
A great Halloween card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional humour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy