Sweet Stampin' ~ Christmas in July

I'm a little late posting this, as it should have gone live a week ago! We had a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and my darling pal Susan put the main post live for me as I was caught up with family chores, so I'm now playing catch up with my blog post. Christmas in July is such a lovely and easy theme, we had a good number of entries playing along this time. I'm sharing a creation I made for family who had a wee bub just before Christmas. So it was sweet to work this into their Christmas card in celebration. I've used a super cute Lili of the Valley image for this. I do so love their bubba images!


This card was made for my lovely cousin and his sweet wife, the Christmas they had their second daughter. They've just had their third! So I'll need to create another this year. I'm not sure why, but I'd not got around to posting it before now, so it was the perfect opportunity to share this cutie. 


I ink blended the background and splattered with water, then diecut the image and distressed the edges. I'd previously coloured the sweet image with Promarkers. I kept the card design simple, adding it to white card base that I had embossed a Christmas greeting on. I tucked an additional sweet Christmas greeting into the top right hand corner of the card design. The tag reads, 'the most precious gift of Christmas arrived in a very small bundle with no bow. How apt is that for a new baby around Christmas?!


Thanks for popping in to visit. I hope you liked my wee Christmas creation. I was meant to post it last weekend and we've moved onto another challenge already! Bloomin' hopeless at the minute, too much else going on in life right now. I send you all big hugs and wishes for happy creative days. Wends xoxo


Comments

Sarah said…
This is adorable and the message on that tag is really lovely. Great inky background too xx
Chris said…
Poor Wends! Too much going on in your life right now- hope things calm down a bit for you soon!
This little sweetie was worth waiting for- lovely image and background - what a perfect sentiment.
xx
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
Great combination of products and I love the colours too x
Pop's Cards said…
Stunning I am loving the background too, hugs Pops x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy