Sweet Stampin' ~ Anything But A Birthday ~ Totoro Love

Hey lovelies, I'm back again, with a creation for our latest Sweet Stampin' challenge. Sigh, I've been failing at keeping up so badly lately, I didn't even get a card created for our last challenge, but this week, we have such a fun and easy theme, that there really was no excuse! 


I created this card very recently to accompany a little parcel of Kiwi goodies for a darling pal who has moved to Canada in recent years. So it was time for a little 'care package' from home. Her kiddos, like mine, are big Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli fans. So of course I had to try and colour up some sweet fan art of Totoro. This is fan art from a Deviant Art artist who goes by the handle HowToDrawManga3D. How cool is this right?! I just know my pals daughters are gonna love him!


Now right before sealing up the parcel, I decided that Totoro's legs needed a little more colour! So here's a quick snap of that adjustment. I think it looks much better with the slightly darker fur on the legs. 


The beautiful paper I used is from a Kaisercraft paper collection called Oh So Lovely. This particular paper from the collection is called Girlfriend. It's embossed and slightly shiny and oh so pretty. It's such a busy design though, I've not known what to use it for previously. I hoped it would make Totoro look like he was sitting in a forest, so when hubby made exactly that comment I was so happy!


The final little detail on the card was a sweet sentiment that came from the same Kaisercraft paper pad as the gorgeous paper I used. I just wrapped some twine around the base layer a couple of times and added the wee tag to it. Simple but sweet finish I think. 


I hope you'll come and join us this week for our 'Anything But A Birthday Card' challenge, that's a fun and easy theme, so we hope lots of folks will come and play along. I've done pretty well to have blogged 3 cards in 3 days, so that's it from me for a while. I'll be sharing on the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog tomorrow, so pop by if you get the chance. Have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Wends xoxo




Comments

Chris said…
This is fabulous Wends, cute image- until I read your post I thought it was some obscure NZ animal I'd never heard of!
xx
Sarah said…
What a super cute character (not one that I am familiar with now that my littleys are very biggys!!) and he definitely looks like he is enjoying a woodland view from that forgeous paper. Bet your care package was much appreciated xx
Dawn T said…
such a sweet card.
Pat said…
Fabulous ccard Wends, never heard of Totoro myself but he is super cute.

Pat xx
Claudia said…
Hihi, ok, but it still looks like a crazy rabbitbirdcat-mix and this is sooo cool!
Hugs Claudia
Fikreta said…
its super cute!
Fun little furry guy on the branch, Wends - just love both versions of your coloring! Thanks for the inspiration at Sweet Stampin'!!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy