Whimsy Stamps ~ Hello Punkin'

Hey there lovely crafty pals, I am swinging in today with a quick share of the second creation I made for our latest digital release at Whimsy Stamps. If you saw my recent Wizard Owl post, you'll have caught up with the news that we have two new Stamp Lines being added this month to our Digital Collections. The fabulous Some Odd Girl and the lovely MelJen Designs. My little owl was from the new Some Odd Girl collection and this cutie called Pumpkin Bumpkin is from the MelJen Designs line. Such a fun, rustic, comical little creature. Rather reminds me of Worzel Gummidge. I wanted to create an Autumnal feel to this card and wanted it to look like a pumpkin out in the field. So I added a little fence and some foliage to create that feel.


I diecut the card base with a lovely Whimsy scalloped edge die. I pushed the die top almost to the edge, but not fully, so that it didn't cut the entire frame across the top, leaving a hinge to create a top folding card. I also diecut the background once in one direction and then turned it, so it overlapped the design in the other direction. Rather than having the rainbow background, it's just a fun textured finish.


I used Distress Oxides to create the lovely warm Autumnal tones in the background, Fossilized Amber in the centre, Spiced Marmalade next and then Crackling Campfire around the edges. I masked off the edges so that the lovely white frame would remain.


The cute sentiment was oh so perfect for this creation and comes from a lovely set by Deb Davis, available both in Digital form and as a clear stamp set. I used some sparkly Gelly Roll over the sentiment so that when it catches the light it shimmers. It's very pretty in reality.


The foliage I cut from a lovely Whimsy die set called Christmas Branch Set. I used some scrolls and gold ink over the die cut branches to add a little shimmer and interest. I added little hints of woodgrain on the diecut fence, which you can see above, again with the Gelly Roll pen. There's also the sparkly hint of a wee spider web right in the middle of the fence, which is seen best in the pic below, as the light catches it on the right angle. It's a subtle touch front on. The scrolls on the branches and wee spider web are from the new Spooks & Spells Stamp Set.


The frames for the image and the sentiment were cut with a retired Whimsy Stamps Die Set. I really like this set, and love that even when new things come along, I have faithful stash I still love creating with. This is one of those sets. The cute fence was cut with the Kinetic Curved Hills Die Set. All the elements I've created with are in thumbnails below. You can click through on the banner below to check out the full New Release over at Whimsy too.


I need to wrap up here, because I'm packing tonight to travel down to our home town. We're celebrating my father-in-law's 80th birthday this weekend, which is going to be lovely, but we have an 8 hour journey there and back! Better not to focus on that bit, my poor Georgie will be dosed up with travel sickness meds before we leave! I'll catch you all on the flip side and send hugs and wishes that you have a lovely weekend and enjoy some crafting too xoxo




Comments

Chris said…
Fabulous make Wends, the little pumpkin scarecrow is so cute, love the design with the fence and foliage diecuts and the gorgeous colours and texture of the background.
Hope you have a safe journey (and Georgie doesn't suffer too much) and a lovely weekend with your family xx
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
This is a lovely card. It's so happy x
What amazing work Wends - your colouring of the image is stunning, and the overall card just gorgeous.
That's one long trip!!! hope poor Georgie travels o.k.. I have you ever tried having her hold a camphor block in a hankie (if you can find them now) - I did that for my kiddos on the excuse that they had colds - the car stank, but they both travelled incredibly well through the Parapara's (Hills of a thousand bends)!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Lorraine said…
A gorgeous card Wendy - I love the expression on his face.
Lorraine x
Pat said…
Beautiful Halloween card Wends really cute image and lovely colouring.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy