Whimsy Stamps ~ Spook Night Nerves

So, are you a Halloween fan? Do you revel in the gore and scary costumes? Or, like me, do you love the 'too cute to spook' fun, but find yourself cowering behind someone or something when it gets a little too scary?! I so totally get this lil' gnome! I would be a fraidy cat hiding in a pumpkin too if it got a little too spooky. We choose our company carefully on Halloween, because some costumes just seriously scare the pants off me! I took the kids down to a local street famous for Halloween shenanigans a couple of years back and the locals are into it BIG time. Make up artists and special effects peeps, decorate their yards and houses so incredibly well, a little too well in some cases, the kids and I came home a little terrified and traumatised by one house! So, we skip that house on Halloween now! Hehe.


I created this cute lil' card with an adorable image by Crissy Armstrong for Whimsy Stamps. This cutie is called Gnome Pumpkin Peeking. He absolutely reminds me of the Swedish Tomtenisse. I love these lil' guys and so I've coloured him to look like a woodland or farm Tomte in his green hat and gloves. I paired the image with an orange oval cut from a lovely decorative ovals set from Whimsy Stamps called Spring Ovals Die Set and the paper I've used is from the Cosmic Paper Set from Whimsy Stamps, this has some awesome designs perfect for fun and funky backgrounds. 


The fun sentiment is from a Whimsy Stamps Clear Set called Got Peepers and was the perfect finish to this sweet card along with the bats from the Bats & Bubbles Border Die set. I did use a little bit of net from a fruit purchase that I hoped would mimic a spider web effect, not 100% how I'd envisioned, but still very happy with it. I added some sweet washi tape from a lovely Carpe Diem set called Simple Vintage Halloween. I think the pumpkin faces on this are sweet and derpy, not at all scary, my kinda Halloween!


I have a few fun Halloween creations still to share, so I hope I don't run out of time! Time is whizzing by and this week has been crazy for me, so it's lovely that we have a long weekend now here in New Zealand and I actually get to hang out with the kids for a bit! We have our Kiwi version of Comicon this weekend, called Armageddon. The kiddos have been working on their outfits, it's like a dummy run for Halloween! So I'm looking forward to having a whole lot of fun with them there! Awesome that one of my pals wants to come keep me company with her kiddo too, so it'll be a blast! 


If Halloween is your thing, you so totally have to check out the fun over on the Whimsy Blog, we're having a Halloween party all month long! You can click through on the banner above to check out our awesome Halloween crafty stash. I'll be back very soon with another Halloween make, and hopefully will have some time this weekend to do a little visiting around blogland too. So catch ya'll really soon. Hugs and happy Halloween crafting xoxo





Comments

Fikreta said…
Gorgeous card.
Sarah said…
What a gorgeous card this is and not a spook in sight, just my kind of card!! Love the fruit mesh and the cute washi tape, great touches. We have never been big on Halloween although I do like a good thriller to read!! xx
mixamatoasties said…
Love this wee guy! He's a cutie.

I can't believe I have made so many Halloween cards, I have no use for them but they were such fun!!
xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy