Whimsy Stamps ~ Lovely Valentine Treats

Hey crafty friends, I'm back with a couple of sweet treat boxes today. Full credit to the lovely Sam Clayton (was Calcott) for her fabulous video showing how to create these fantastic treat boxes. They can be hung as a Christmas decoration, so you can add a little string to hang them by, but I've opted to just have them as little Valentine treat boxes. I've nought to put in them, but can live in hope that hubby will embrace Valentine's one day, though I'm NOT holding my breath! Hehe.


These little treat boxes take a square piece of cardstock to create. It can be any size and it is folded like origami, so no score board necessary, though I'd recommend having a good bone folder, especially if using heavier cardstock. This Whimsy Stamps cardstock is a lovely heavyweight, I'd guess about 200 - 250 gsm, so holds up to this design very well, but you need to score the folds well to get good creases in this heavier weight. So definitely pull out your bone folder for this. I've used 6 x 6 cardstock for these wee treat boxes, but it can be made with 8 x 8 cardstock for a slightly larger treat box, or if you're wanting a bigger gift box, then go for 12 x 12 paper. The process is the same, whichever size you choose. Though I'd suggest, going with a heavier cardstock for the larger sizes. You could get away with cardstock around 160 gsm for the smaller size. The shape is so fun, the boxes have a 'gem like' shaped bottom, so look lovely hung. I'd imagine they'd be fab hung as Easter Treat boxes, made from lovely Easter papers. Sam did hers as Christmas Gift Boxes to hang in the tree. Be sure to check out her video which I linked above for the fabulous tutorial from her.


I've used that fabulous scripted 'love' word die from Whimsy Stamps again to embellish these. I diecut one in a pink cardstock and the other in yellow, to work in with the colours of the designer paper. I diecut a tiny tag back from the Whimsy Stamps Antique ATC Frames set for the word to sit one and used a sticky glue dot to adhere it to the finished treat box. I'm just so pleased with these lovely boxes, it was so fun just to play and try out this 'new to me' gift box design. I really need to find a use for them now! Hehe. Little nieces are sure to love these! 


Thanks for popping in to visit today, I really needed a break from the packing, my back and feet are so sore! Standing on wooden floors all day packing, has been hard on the bod! So I took a few minutes whilst clearing up my craft gear to craft a couple of extra creations before boxing all the stash up! I'll not be able to craft again until after the 19th, when our boxes will move to our new abode. But we've got the lease today to sign and return, have paid our pennies and are well on the way! I'll share the extra creations I made these past couple of days, in the next week.


In case you missed my last post, we are running a challenge on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group at the moment, which will run until the end of February. The Treasures Team are showcasing some of these lovely sets below during January and February, so our challenge is to share these creations with you. You can join in with any creation using a Whimsy Stamps image, however if you use the stamp sets below, you'll be entered into the prize draw twice! There's a $25 Whimsy Stamps Gift Card up for grabs. You can enter with any Whimsy creation, but we'd especially love to see creations made with 'these' sets.


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I'm off back to the packing, sigh, SO much craft stuff to wrangle still, who knew I had so much?! Well, me, of course, it's EVERYWHERE!! So I need to get back to it, but wishing you a fandabbydozy, crafty day! Hugs xoxo





Comments

I hear you about the sore feet and back Wends - take care.
Love these wee boxes - that is such an unusual fold and absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the link to the tutorial
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy