Gina K Designs ~ Monochrome Sympathy Card
Hey crafty friends, I've a simple make today to share. My mumma needed a sympathy card a while back and I pulled out this beautiful mandala stencil from Gina K Designs and created this for her. She loved it because I used her favourite colour, so it reflected her so well. I find Sympathy cards so hard to create. I always want to tone to be right, to offer comfort and support and I think this lovely mandala worked so well for this occasion.
I've used three Oxide inks to create the ombré effect on the mandala. Villainous Potion at the centre for the darkest hue, moving out to Dusty Concord and finishing with Milled Lavender towards to edges of the mandala. I mounted the finished panel onto a toning card base which had a lovely shimmer to it and paired it with a matching envelope. The sentiment I stamped onto vellum and silver heat embossed comes from a lovely Whimsy Stamps set. I also stamped in the inside of the card.
I can't recall which sets I took my sentiments from. They were possibly grey rubber stamps I picked up at one of the Ally Pally Craft Fairs when I lived in London. I'll update the details if I manage to find the sets. I love that the pic above shows the lovely sheen on the card base so well. It really is pretty. Well that's it from me today. A quick post to share this lovely Sympathy card. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you a beautiful week and happy crafting. Hugs, Wends xoxo
(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)
Challenge Entries:
Love To Craft: #93 ~ Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times: Feminine
Mix It Up Challenge: #84 ~ Anything Goes
Simply Clean & Simple: Anything CAS Goes
Paper Funday Challenge: #90 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge: August ~ Anything Goes
Simons Says Wednesday Challenge: Monochrome, featuring Gina K Designs Products














Comments