Sweet Stampin' ~ CAS Cards

Hey crafty friends, I'm popping in today with a cute make I made as a thank you card for the mum of one of my kiddo's friend's. She did a very kind favour for him and I was very grateful, so a thank you card was most definitely in order. I had this adorable image from Lili of the Valley coloured up for a while, but not made it up into a card yet. When this opportunity arose, I knew a thank you sentiment was the perfect thing to complete this design. 


Our theme this challenge at Sweet Stampin' is 'CAS', or clean and simple cards. So I kept the design for this card, very clean and simple. I diecut the coloured image with a lovely Deckle Edge Die Set from Whimsy Stamps and then stamped the sentiment which also comes from a Whimsy Stamps Sentiment Set called Beaucoup Bouquet Sentiments. I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink for a warmer finish than black would have given.


This adorable image just makes me smile. Lili of the Valley have some really enchanting imagery. They also have a stellar promotion going on right now! So be sure to check that out.


They are selling their most recent releases as a huge bundle for a fraction of the price they usually sell for, so if you're a fan and haven't picked up these recent releases, not is a REALLY good time to do so. Click through on the banner above to head directly to the store.


I've actually shared a second make for this challenge. I found it when hunting through my vault recently. This is a VERY old card. It's been in the vault for a while. I can't recall the stamp I used, but if I recall correctly, it was one I picked up on a trip to Sweden, when I visited a craft store there with my bestie. I made this very CAS card playing around with other little stamps to add snowy details. Not so much my style now, but I remember it being fun to create back then. So I thought I'd share it today too. If I can find the stamp and therefore the stamp company, I'll come back and update those details.


I think it fits the theme for this challenge pretty well. Lots of white space, minimal embellishments, though there are some in the centre of the snowflakes, and a key focal point for the design. I didn't colour the image for this one either. So it's strikingly CAS for me! 


I hope you'll come and join us for this fun CAS challenge. We'd love to see how you're inspired for this challenge. Do pop by the blog via the banner above to see what my talented teamies did for this challenge too, I love the way their creative minds work! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you a beautiful and creative week. Hugs, Wends xoxo













(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy