Whimsy Stamps ~ Wednesday Vibes

Hey crafty friends, I have a post to share today with real 'Wednesday Vibes'! I've you've been watching this show you'll know what I mean! I made this card for our awesome Creative Director at Whimsy Stamps, she is responsible for much of the magic that happens during Halloween season at Whimsy and her birthday is in Mid September, today actually! So it's fitting to create a spooky birthday card for her. It's her favourite time of year and she loves all things Halloween. I have used the fabulous Misfits Quick Card Fronts set from Whimsy Stamps to create this card. I adore this particular panel with this enchanting character that reminds me so much of Wednesday Addams. I've been having such fun watching the first two series and can't wait for the third!


How hauntingly beautiful is this?! I love all the ravens in the imagery. Wednesday is a 'Raven Psychic' in the show, and I'm sure this art work was created as a hat-tip to her. I find it mesmerising. I didn't want to add too much to the piece, as it's a stunning finished panel on its own, but the panel this image comes on, has her higher in the piece and the frame didn't fit that panel, it rose above the top of it. So I cut her out and added her image over one of the other panels in this Misfits Quick Card Fronts Set. Felt a little naughty covering over the other image, but the scene was an awesome fit with her panel, so I did it. The base panel is the one with the pumpkin head man. A very cool panel in its own right! I clearly will need to buy another set of these Quick Card Fronts.


I wanted to add the word 'Raven' to acknowledge her ability and for a bit of added interest on the card. I used black glitter cardstock from a Sizzix Opulent Paper Pack to diecut the Raven lettering using the Whimsy Stamps Mix and Mingle Alphabet and Numbers Die Set. I stacked the letters several times. For the V which overlaps the frame a little, I diecut several of the V shapes which didn't have the ascender as this top glitter version does. That way the V could be built up enough for the top one to clear the frame without jutting into it. I did add one extra layer to the V, so it has 3 smaller V's topped by the stylistic one as the 4th layer. The other letters are 2 base layers deep, topped by the glitter cardstock main lettering. There are many ways this could have looked with this cool alphabet set, as there are several different options with this lettering. So a fabulous set to have in my kit! I scratched up the black base of the panel with my pokey tool for a bit of texture and interest and so the black on black sentiment would be a little more visible. I did scratch up the base of the card a little, as it was very black and I needed some contrast down there for the lettering to show up. I did keep it very tone on tone intentionally. It's an extra detail and I didn't want it fighting for the spotlight with that gorgeous image. 


The beautiful frame is the Thorny Frame from Whimsy Stamps and I diecut this from Spellbinders black glitter foam. This stuff is amazing and diecuts incredibly well! I distressed the edges of the base layer paper with my scissors and a little bit tore when I did, which I never mind as it adds to the texture, so I curled it forward, as it had torn backward, to let it feature in the design. I added the layers to a matte black cardstock, another from the Sizzix Opulent Cardstock Pack. This pack is a 'go to' for me during Halloween. The papers are divine and such a great weight and quality. You get 50 in the pack, so it's great value.


If you're creating with any Whimsy Stamps products for Halloween, please do come and enter your makes into the Whimsy Stamps September Halloween Challenge. There's a $50 Gift Certificate up for grabs from Whimsy Stamps for one lucky randomly drawn winner! So it's well worth entering. You can click through on the banner below to head to the challenge.


We have had two amazing Halloween releases during August and two so far for September released on the 1st and 15th. There will be one final Halloween release on the 31st and honestly, Whimsy has knocked it outta the park with every one of their Halloween releases this year! There is a great mix of dark Halloween for those who enjoy the spookier side of Halloween but also some too cute to spook sets too. Which y'all know is my favourite kind of Halloween fun! The September releases were full of really fun and fantastic elements, my favourite releases of the season so far! I just got a parcel with the Headless Horseman elements and I'm so looking forward to creating with those!I had such fun making this lovely 'Wednesday' inspired card and I'll be back with another crafty adventure very soon, in the meantime, I wish you a beautiful and creative week. Hugs, Wends xoxo






(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. I do not make a commission from the Whimsy Stamps Links. But these links help the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy