Mamas Treasure Box

Hi folks,

I've found another little make that I've forgotten to post before leaving the UK. Here's a gift box I made up for my lovely Czech friend who had a beautiful baby girl not long before I left the UK. I wanted to make something she could use as a 'keepsake box' for those little treasures from her newborn. I remember I just couldn't bear to part with Zac and Georgie's hospital bracelets, but they just didn't fit neatly into a scrapbook, so this inspired my idea to create this little treasure box.

P1080557

I love the Saturated Canary image I've used for this, as she's not all prim and polished. In fact, she looks a little worn-out! Which frankly is what new mothers actually look like! I even added a hint of grey under the eyes to accentuate that overtired look. Overtired, but over the moon too. Her little girl, her sweet little bundle of joy, but I digress. Waxing nostalgic there, as I never thought I'd be able to have a baby of my own!! How blessed I am to now have my pigeon pair!! But back to the box...

P1080559

I have coloured the image with Flexmarkers and Promarkers. I used some of the pale Flexmarkers to give just a hint of colour in places, wanting to keep it very pale and wistful. I loved colouring her hair. I don't have this art down yet, but Krista drew her hair so well, it was fabulous to colour. 

I used a Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp and the flower was cut from an old favourite pair of cashmere bedsocks that I'd worn holes in! I washed them up carefully, said my goodbyes and then cut them up! I'm actually quite pleased with how that came out. I don't recall right now where I got the sweet corner die from, I'll have to double check my stash when it finally arrives. I'm getting so impatient now!

P1080560

The paper is a lovely digital paper, I'm pretty sure from Pink Petticoat and finally the small clay tile which reads 'small wonder' I painted at a kiddies pottery shop with the friend I gave this to, and she never suspected it was for her! The final touch on the image was a dab of liquid pearl to create an elegant earring and that's it, done!

Thanks for visiting today. I hope you enjoy my slightly different project. I sure had fun making it. Come back and see me again soon. Big hugs, Wends xxx

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Saturated Canary Challenge Blog ~ #40 Pretty Pastels
I Love Promarkers ~ What's Your Favourite Colour (Pink!)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge ~ Favourite Colour Combo (Pink and Lemon)
Crafty Creations Challenges ~ Flowers and/or Fairies (Hope they like my handmade flower!)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog ~ Happy Birthday (Celebrating a happy 'Birth' day)
Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog ~ Spring Into Spring (Spring Baby)
Stamping Sensations Challenge Blog ~ Special Occasions (New Baby)

Comments

cotnob said…
This is such a pretty gift box, beautiful image and lovely soft pastel colours.
Pauline
x
Wishcraft said…
Very pretty Wendy! Love the image... she does look quite realistically worn out doesn't she?! Lovely colours and details too :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Franz♥ said…
Fab work Wendy, your card is so sweet and delicate, love it!

Thanks for joining us at Bunny Zoe's Craft Challenge this month :)

Hugs, Franz.
Elise said…
OoOh this is so precious Wendy! Love this SC image .. love them all actually! :)

Big Hugs,
Elise
Sarah J Moerman said…
Beautiful card! Such a sweet image! I love the soft colors too! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Wendy Fraser said…
So pretty, I'm sure this will be treasured. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx
pinky said…
This is just gorgeous, love that wee tile, so special. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous I love the colours here, big hugs love Pops x x x
Eulanda said…
Very pretty and I just love those SC images!! Hugs!
Tracy said…
This is such a sweet idea for your friend. Those little bracelets may just be scraps of plastic, but they represent an amazing, life altering event. Lovely gift! Hugs!
Loopylou. said…
wow wow wow wendy!! there are so many totally cool and personal elements to this card! love that you used your socks and the little sentiment is so clever! I've got to try that now!!
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the SC challenge blog
huge hugs Lou xxx
Francesca said…
Very Beautiful card
Thanks for joining us at
Stamping sensations

Hugs
Francesca
Donna Mosley said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love the beautiful image and very pretty details.

Donna x
Sue said…
This is so beautiful Wendy. I love the sweet image. Your flower is gorgeous and the little tile is so special.
Hugs Sue xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy