Multitasking Mama

Here is a gorgeous Saturated Canary stamp that I just had to colour up for one of my multitasking mummy friends recently. I just love how this stamp perfectly captures all the things a mama of a young babe has to juggle! I think I'll do a double take on this one and make it up again for my sister in law too, who will see the humour hopefully, as her babe is currently only sleeping a couple of hours at a time and she's knackered!

P1080553

My doily started off white, but I gave it the pale pink Promarker treatment and it came up beautifully. I used my black metallic Promarker on the frypan to give it that cast iron look, sadly this doesn't show up so well in the photos. I can't recall where I bought the beautiful felt lace and so wish I did, as I'd like some more! The paper is a page from some lovely mixed papers I won from the incredibly generous Bev Rochester a while back. I don't know who they're by, but I just loved the soft muted colours in this one and it worked perfectly as a backdrop for my pastel image. The sentiment tickets and die are both from Whimsy. There's little left to say on this one. I used Kraft card as my card base, which I just love the look of with the pastel shades. I finished the card with a single large flat backed pink pearl which I'm pretty sure I bought from MeiFlower.

Here's a close-up of Krista's lovely Multitasking Mama which can be found HERE.
P1080551

That's all I've got for tonight folks. I'm falling asleep trying to write this post. I've been burning the candles at both ends! Too many boxes to unpack, kids to wrangle and house chores to do for this Kiwi Multitasking Mama. I'm off to bed xxx

Challenges I'm Entering This Card Into:

I Love Promarkers #164 ~ Pastel Colours  (I won this challenge - woohoo!!!)
Saturated Canary Challenge Blog #41 ~ Anything Goes
Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenges #58 ~ Pretty In Pink
Stampin' For The Weekend ~ Friendship
The Ribbon Girl Blog ~ April Colour Challenge
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge ~ Favourite Colour Combo (Pink and Lemon/Cream) *Second Entry



Comments

Lozzy said…
Gorgeous card Wendy and i love the image, its perfect, multi tasking mums. Beautiful colours and fab design.
Hugs Lozzy xx
Wendy Fraser said…
Gorgeous card, such a brilliant image. Been there, worn the t-shirt with a non sleeping baby but never looked that good! Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx
Mo said…
This is a gorgeous card dear Wendy, love it!
I've never seen this image before..., it's great!
Big hugs,
Mo
Pop's Cards said…
Hi sweetie, this is just fabulous, gorgeous as always sweetie, big happy hugs Pops x x x x
Effie said…
That's one cute card....
Karen said…
Great card, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

xx
Wishcraft said…
Fab image, this is so pretty Wendy :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Loopylou. said…
oooh I love it! love that shape she is in.
thank you so much for playing along with us over on the SC challenge blog
hugs Lou xx
Lorraine said…
Lovely pastel card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Sue said…
Oh, I can really relate to this image!! Your colouring is fabulous Wendy and I love the papers and pretty doily.

Thank you, also, for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge.

hugs Sue xx
Chrissy said…
Hi! Wendy...love this image and gorgeous soft colouring...I remember the days...oh!how I remember them..lol.fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx
Elaine said…
Hi Wendy,
My apologies for the time it's taken for me to leave you a comment...my crazy job gets in the way!

A perfectly beautiful card, love the image and these soft, delicate colours.

Big hugs
Elaine xx
Elise said…
Oh my gosh Wendy! This is so BEAUTIFUL and your friend will appreciate and LOVE this! :) So soft and delicate .. very gorgeous!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy