Thank You Teacher

Todays card is one I made for one of Georgie's favourite teachers. It was a thank you card for all she did for Georgie. She was an inspirational teacher who made a big difference in my daughters life at a time when she was struggling, with both some bullying and lack of confidence in her abilities at school. This teacher will be one who stays in my daughters memory with great affection. So this card celebrated her and the positive effect she had on my lil' girl.


Here's a close-up of the great quote I used on this card. This came with another very lovely Sylvia Zet stamp that used to be available from Totally Stampilicious, but it has sadly closed recently. Sylvia's image was called Storybook Elizabeth and is a sweet stamp too but was less appropriate for this card as it's the image of a toddler reading. But I just loved this Dr Suess quote, which fit so well!

P1080487

This lovely image from Elisabeth Bell is just so sweet and wistful as so many of her images are. Georgie really got 'into' her reading this year so this image fit perfectly for this card. My Promarkers were fabulous for colouring this image. I love the soft muted colours I found to colour this image. It kept it very soft and sweet. I'm still not brilliant with these pens and was experimenting with different papers at the time, so there's a little bit of bleeding here and there, but not so noticeable that I couldn't use the image. I hate to waste anything! I edged the image and papers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers. The pretty edges on the image mats are from a Martha Stewart border punch, which just finished those edges and added a little more interest to the card. I'm pleased with how that came out.


Inside the card I added a poem, which I'd seen on another card, and it was so sweet and just the perfect sentiment for this make. I usually write my own, but this one was perfect. I found it on a site with several other 'teachers poems' and is called 'First Grade Teacher' by Sharon Harper Sampson.

P1080492

The Arty Shot, showing the decorated inside.
P1080494

I finished the card with some pretty pink lace, a lovely coconut husk button and a round doily from my stash and some beautiful blooms from Wild Orchid Crafts. The large flower is a Gardenia flower, the mid size rose is a 2 tone Wild Rose and the smallest are Sweetheart Blossoms. The final touches were some pink flat back pearls from MeiFlower and a simple thin pink satin ribbon bow tied on the button.

Thanks for popping in today. I hope you enjoyed what you saw. Feel free to have a mooch through some of my previous makes. I'd love to be able to come visit you in return, so leave me a comment and I'll know where to find you. Have a fab week :) Wends x

Challenge Entries:

Elisabeth Bells World Challenge: A Little Yummy For Your Tummy = A Sweet Apple and a Good Book
Crafty Catz Challenge: #189 Say It With Flowers.
The Paper Shelter: #118 Buttons and/or Brads
Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes
A Creative Romance: #2 Don't Be Square = Be Rectangle (Hehehe) x
Simon Says Stamp & Show: Anything Goes
Fab & Funky Challenge: #177 Use A Doily
Elphine House Challenge: #47 Tic Tac Toe = Button, Flowers, Gems

Comments

Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, this is amazing, love the colours that you have used on her too, simply gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Elisabeth Bell's World this month, hugs Pops x
Jane Savage said…
Beautiful card. I love these colours.
Stunning card

Thank you for joining this week at Fab'n'Funky

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love
coops said…
so stunning wendy.the verse is so beautiful and I love your pretty design and image :D

xx coops xx
Shirley said…
What a beautiful card. Some teacher's just make all the difference in the world for one child. Glad to hear she had a good one this year!
Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!
Jingle said…
Very pretty card! Lovely coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
Wishcraft said…
This is so pretty Wendy! Lovely colours, fab sentiments (I've used that inside verse before) and I'd forgotten all about that sweet image, but I've got her somewhere too :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Donna Mosley said…
Gorgeous card Wendy, love the cute image and beautiful design.

Donna x
Wendy said…
So beautiful, love the sweet image and sentiment...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx
CRAZYCRAFTSHED said…
Beautiful card Wendy love the image and fabulous paper's thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx
Joey said…
This is so adorable, gorgeous image and design. Thanks for joining us at the paper shelter. Joey xx
Elaine said…
Hi Wendy,

A good teacher is worth their weight in gold. The positive effect they have on their students stays with the child for a lot longer than just the academic year.
A gorgeous card which will definitely be appreciated and treasured.
Beautiful image and the softest and sweetest colours.

Dr Suess is my hero! I love everything Seuss!

Big hugs
Elaine xx
A really lovely card frankly any Dr Suess quote is a win-win! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi
Anonymous said…
Such beautiful work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)
CraftinGranny said…
Such soft and beautiful colors. Fantastic card with a perfect quote for the image. Thanks so much for joining us at Elphine House Australia with this beauty. Hope to see you back again soon. "Hugs" Carol
Pysselbus said…
Ohhh!! What a fantastic card!! I'm sure the teacher must have been thrilled!!! The verses are tooo sweet - a perfect match for your sweet card!! Thank's for playing with us at EBW this month and we hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Linda
Mary Lou said…
AMAZING Wendy~~this brought tears to my eyes ;) So very sweet of you to acknowledge this teacher in such a touching way!!! Love your card and the quote and poem are STUNNING!!!!! Thanks for sharing and joining us at EBWorld!!!
Hugs

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy