Sweet Winter Friend

Here's a quick post today, as I'm just back from up North and really need to be unpacking! But I want to get a quick post up that I meant to do before going away for the last few days. This is a card I made for my little girls 'bestie' who has moved to Switzerland with her family and they've been doing a lot of skiing over the Winter there as you can imagine. So when I won an 'I Love Promarkers' challenge which offered Paper Shelter digi's as the prize, I found the perfect image to make for her birthday card. You can find this lovely image called 'The Beautiful Skier' here.


Now the arty shot...
DSC_4464

The image was printed straight onto a plain blue background, but my printer was misbehaving and actually did a funny stripey thing, but I actually quite liked it, so kept it anyway. It was meant to look like a clear blue, perfect day for skiing. I added a huge dollop of Viva Perlen Pen - Eis-Weiss at her feet to create a snowy mound and added some glitter for sparkle. I then dotted the Viva pearl pen all around her to create a snow falling effect. The image has a few snowflakes in it, so I added a touch of glitter to those. I popped a Whimsy corner in the top right with a flat back pearl from MeiFlower and a sweet sentiment, which comes from a Tina Wenke set from Stampavie.

I mounted the image and sentiment onto pink backing paper to give a little dimension for added interest and edged everything in Memento Summer Sky ink. The image is of course coloured in my favourite ink - Promarker Alcohol Ink pens. I've never tried to do the PDF merge of an image onto a pre-coloured background before and I did require a little rescuing from my digital guru hubby, LOL. But I was chuffed to bits with how it turned out. It's very clean and simple, but I really like it.

I'd love to know what you think, so do feel free to leave me a comment and thanks for stopping by! Hugs, Wends xxx 

Challenges Entered:

The Paper Shelter Challenge: #121 ~ Clean & Simple
A Creative Romance: No Designer Papers
Addicted To Stamps Challenge: #54 ~ Clean & Simple
Cutie Pie Challenge: #49 ~ Pretty in Pink
Paper Make Up Challenge: # 98 ~ Color It
Charisma Cardz Challenge: #28 ~ Girly
In The Pink Challenge: #24 ~ Pink & Pearly
Challenges For Everybody: #25 ~ Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge: #16 ~ Anything Goes
Just Us Girls: #198 ~ A Colour Challenge (I think I nailed the colours!)

Comments

Nancy said…
Yes you did nail the colors! Great card and your coloring is top notch! Thanks for linking it up with the Just Us Girls team and I!
coops said…
so gorgeous wendy.fabulous sweet image and I love the snowdrop pearls and really pretty colours :D

xx coops xx
Christine L said…
Hi... your card is fabulous - however we would have loved to see more pink for our challenge at In The Pink.... the guidelines ask for more pink than any other colour.

Thanks for sharing..

Christine x
Loopylou. said…
ooh so pretty hunny. My printer does that stripey thing sometimes too! so weird!!
huge hugs Lou xxx
Sonia said…
OH!!!!!!!! love it... great coloring... Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge this week... HUGS...SK :)
Marisa said…
A snow bunny indeed :) Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.
Pop's Cards said…
Morning sweetie, I love your creation today amazing, huggles Pops x x x
Ardilla said…
Fantastic card... great image, nice coloring!!!
Thanks for playing with us at Digi Makeover...
Hugs,
Ardilla :)
Lisa xx said…
Hi Marianne

this is gorgeous....very pretty in pink!

thank you for joining in with the cutie pies
Anonymous said…
I thought the "stripeys" were planned... they looked great! lol Adorable card and great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls, hope to see you again.
Teresa said…
Fabulous card, thanks for playing along at A Creative Romance.
Teresa xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy