Celebrating Life - 3

Here is the third card in the series of bereavement cards I made for our lovely family who lost a much loved hubby and daddy so recently. I kept all the cards very CAS, using very little in the way of embellishments, with just simple matting. This card uses a lovely deep smokey grey Papermania cardstock as the matt and the pretty oriental influenced paper is from a lovely set I purchased through Joanna Sheen called Papermania Oriental Treasure from DoCrafts. 

DSC_5956

The paper is so pretty, very little else was needed to finish this card. Just a little Distress Ink around the edges of the paper and the sentiment, which was also inked in the same Tattered Rose Distress Ink. The sentiment is the same rubber stamp I've used on the previous two cards I've posted tonight. It's so hard to know what to say when someone looses a loved one and I've always disliked that 'time is a healer' saying. I've lost my Daddy, I know how it feels, I just want to shove those words down the well meaning persons throat! But there's so little that can be said at a time like this and though I don't believe 'time heals', it does blur the edges and I do find myself focusing on happy memories, so this sentiment 'fits' for me. Which is why I used it on all four cards.

DSC_5957

There's little else to say, so I'll get the final card up and posted tonight before heading to bed. Thanks for popping in. Hugs, Wends xxx

Challenge Entries:
4 Krafty Girlz Challenges: #2 ~ Anything Goes 
The Rubber Buggy Challenge: #11 ~ Anything Goes

Comments

Kellie 0:) said…
Another beautiful card. TFS
Teresa said…
Another gorgeous card, I love the papers & sentiment
Hugs Teresa x
Elise said…
Oh wow, this is such a BEAUTIFUL card Wendy! Sympathy cards are so difficult to make, and you've done it so very well!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy