Whimsy Halloween ~ Don't Hoard The Candy!

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I thought I was done, but nope, I just cannot get enough of the cuteness this Halloween. So I have an 'extra' Whimsy post for you this week to share an adorable Halloween image drawn by the talented and lovely Crissy Armstrong called Bobby's Halloween. Now he's out of the archive and I don't believe he's available for purchase at the moment, but you never know, he may just reappear! I've had this cutie a number of years now, but as I often note, classic and cute designs don't tend to go 'out of fashion'! He's just as gorgeous today, as the day Crissy drew him! I'm a big fan of collecting images that 'date well'. I have a lot of Whimsy images that fall into this category and Bobby is for sure one of them! So this is not an official design team post for Whimsy Stamps today, it's just a 'fan' post, hehe.


I'm going to put this on the table as we are having pals over after the Trick or Treating, so this lil' guy will 'guard the candy' quite nicely I think. I wanted to use that sentiment with Bobby the minute I saw it! I'll have to hunt down where it's from as I don't recall as I'm writing this. One of my Whimsy teamies has a great system and I so need to take a leaf out of her book! She has a printed page where she can write the details of her creations as she's going, papers, pen colours, image source etc. I think it's so clever and I really must get to creating a template to work with as I often forget which folder I took the papers from or the sentiment etc. I wonder if any of you also have clever systems like Deni?


I didn't add much to this creation, just a black doily, (which is so perfect for Halloween don't you think?!) and a lil' black cat. This is from Little B embellishments again. I have loved using their embellishments for my Halloween makes this year. My only regret is that unlike dies, which  you can keep creating from, once they're gone, they're GONE!


I had such fun creating the 'candy sign', that I thought perhaps a 'candy bag' would be a fine thing too! So this lil' creation came about from that, using an older image set from Whimsy Stamps no longer in stock. 


I had an old onion bag knocking about (yes I keep everything, just in case!) and I had a wild idea that it might work to create a 'tulle-like' witches skirt with it. LOVE how this came out! I cut a card base to cover the patterned paper underneath and then added Crissy's awesome witches legs at the base. How cool are those shoes. I seriously want a pair!


With shoes like that, you know this make was seriously ALL about the shoes right?! Oh how perfect is this sentiment with the stamp?! Soooo perfect me thinks!


Well that's me for now. It's been a busy week so far and I need to prep the table for tonights Halloween fun. So Happy Halloween hugs to you all, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:

Trick or Treat Card:
Crafty Catz: #435 ~ Halloween
Di's Digi Challenge: Creepy or Cute
PIP Challenge: #1843 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #42 ~ Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash: #378 ~ The Witching Hour

Witch Shoes Card:
The Paper Girls: #162 ~ Halloween
Colour Crazy Challenge: #43 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: October ~ Autumn Glow
Crafty Gals Corner: #177 ~ Halloween Colours
Aud Sentiments: #215 ~ Use A Funny Sentiment
Addicted To Stamps & More: #316 ~ Anything Goes
As You Like It: Favourite Halloween or Autumnal Colours ~ I usually go for an Orange and Black combo for Halloween, often with a purple accent, but LOVE the turquoise blue in this paper!

Update: I made the Top 3 at Aud Sentiments for their 'Use A Funny Sentiment' challenge. So thrilled, thank you!


Comments

Dawn T said…
Fabulous cards Wendy. We had lots of cute visitor tonight. And all so very polite
Chris said…
Both fabulous makes, you've really gone to town this Halloween Wends, great idea to use the card as a table decoration to guard the treats! Love the treat bag...brilliant!
Chris
xx
Sarah said…
Great creepy makes!! Love the skirt, you clever thing!! xx
Jenny L said…
Hi Wendy,
2 very super makes for Halloween.
They are both so very different and gorgeous.
Love the first image and your wonderful shape and design.
The second is brilliant and such good use of that onion netting.
That was a brilliant idea.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
Aunty Sue said…
Fabulous make and thanks for sharing at crafty catz dont forget to check our winners and top three and our Dt call is still running
Monika Reeck said…
I really love your TULE Rock yaaaayy so ckever using the Onion Bag
I never save that hehehe LOL
cute candy Bag and love it
many thanks for joining ATSM challenge this time
hugs
Monika
Gina's Cards said…
Oh WOW what a fabulous candy bag! The design is so clever and the dress looks amazing. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
What a fun Halloween card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Love that sentiment!! Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

Billie A said…
Both cards are awesome. I really like the one you colored and about hoarding.. LOL.. Yes I am the friend that will help you with the candy.. esp. dark chocolate.. Love your card. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy challenge.
Billie A
Colour Crazy Challenge
Craftaholic R US
Pause Dream Enjoy
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Catch The Bug
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
Sunny Day Crafting
Always Fun Challenges
Always Happy Birthday
Creations In Pink
Billie A said…
I'm back with my Aud Sentiments hat on.. I love being able to see your cards again and to comment on the witch. The netting for her skirt is an awesome idea. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Fikreta said…
these are so nice!
hugs
Aileen said…
fantastic cards, all of them. I don't do Halloween as its not really a big thing over here but I love what you have done. That card with the witches dress is absolutely amazing, wish we got onion bags like that- but then I would never think to use. It just looks brilliant, so very very clever.
debby4000 said…
What a lovely selection of halloween cards, do love the first cute one great image.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby
Julie said…
Your halloween cards are fabulous and what fun sentiments
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T
Simply amazing cards especially the last one with the netting, how ingenious! Thanks for sharing them at Addicted to Stamps and More. Hugs, Gwendolyn
Super cute card, love the onion bag use :-) Deni x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy