Southern Girls ~ Stripes

Hey there lovely crafty pals. It's time for a new challenge at Southern Girls and this week Team Lou would love you to come play along with your 'Striped' creations. How fun and easy is that?! I do love a good stripy paper! Or maybe you'll create stripes with ink, whatever you're inspired to do, we'd love to see!


I've used a fun striped paper from Whimsy Stamps that was a freebie on their Facebook Page. If you haven't joined their Facebook page make sure you do, as there are often little treats for their followers and just between you and me, there might be one coming up very soon! So get in!


Our lovely sponsor this fortnight is 'Newton's Nook Designs'. They have some super cute images, but they're new to me, so I didn't have an image in my stash I could use. I'm well jel' of the lucky winner of this challenge though, as they're in for such a treat! I decided to use a fun Tim Holtz die set to create my DT card for this challenge and have created a Halloween themed card with the Whimsy Stamps stripy paper. I used Core-dinations paper for the diecuts which had a white coating over coloured bases. So the cauldron and witches hat I left as was. I liked the look of it. The lil' white ghost was the 'beige' paper with white coating, so I diecut the eyes and mouth from the black to finish this lil' guy and ran some cool grey Copic marker around the edges for definition. The cat was also cut from that same mottled black paper, but I really wanted him to be a 'black' cat, so I coloured over the paper with my Black Copic Marker. The paper took the ink really well and gave a nice dark rich finish to this Halloween kitty.


I used an older sentiment I've had in my stash for a while from Bloom Designs. But I think it was such a nice finish for this fun Halloween creation. I think the notched corners suited this card design so well. I diecut the four apertures that the diecuts sit in, then layered another stripy strip of card in the centre, popped up slightly on foam and then added the sentiment in the middle.


Thanks for stopping in to visit and I hope you'll come and join us at Southern Girls for our 'Stripes' challenge. I'm so keen to see what you're inspired to create. Be sure to check out what the rest of my super talented teamies at Southern Girls got up to for this one. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, happy crafting! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Love To Scrap: #114 ~ Fall Back
Craft Rocket: #53 ~ Autumn/Halloween
Daisy Chain Challenge: #24 ~ Autumn/Fall
Crafty Calendar Challenge: October ~ Autumn
Sparkles Monthly Challenge: #108 ~ Dies & Punches
Sunny Day Challenge: Sep/Oct Challenge ~ Anything Goes with an Animal (Black Cat)
Creatalicious: #148 ~ Anything Goes + Texture (used textured cardstock & nuvo drops on cauldron)

Comments

Dawn T said…
Just lovely Wendy. Great use of stripes.
Pop's Cards said…
Love the pop of orange in the back against the black, very striking, hugs Pops x
Fikreta said…
super great card!
love it!
I love stripes, what a fun card
Judith said…
Aw this is so cute Wnds - love these die cuts, such a lovely clean card x
Linsey said…
Oh my gosh... That bubbling cauldron!! I love this! 👻
Wendy Bellino said…
You have such an eye for detail Wendy! Fang-tastic Halloween card!
Sue said…
This is fab Wends and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x
Alex said…
Great layout! You create a beautiful Halloween card!
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#53 – Autumn / Halloween}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#22 – Make your own background}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#22 – Anything goes}
Alex' Kreative Seite

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT
Melanie said…
A great card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use texture” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Cool card and love the little toppers . Thanks for joining our challenge this month at Daisy Chains and good luck. Michelle x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy