Fab 'n' Funky ~ Christmas Creations

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I've been super busy with family stuff these past few days, but I have a couple of posts to share with you tonight, this first one is my DT post for Fab 'n' Funky. We have our monthly Christmas challenge this week and I'm sharing a sweet and quick shaker card that was made using a lovely Lili of the Valley topper. All I did was turn it into a shaker.


I used a fab CC Designs Christmas stamp set called Snowman Sentiments for the sentiment and stamped it directly on the base paper. I've used a lovely Maja Design paper for the base from their 'It's Christmas Time' paper collection. I added a Marianne Design Creatables diecut Christmas tree to finish the design and decided not to add snow, but to keep it green to tie in with the greens in the picture. 


I used little green bugle beads in the shaker to emulate falling fir needles and wee iridescent star sequins for snowflakes. I tipped them to the side in the pic above, so the pic was more visible. It's such a cute one. I loved it so much, I bought the stamp too! So I'm going to have a play colouring that up. But for this quick and easy Christmas creation, the topper worked a treat.


I hope you'll come and join the fun with us this week at Fab 'n' Funky. We've been working hard all year to bring you regular Christmas challenges and to help you get up to speed for Christmas before the mad Christmas rush at the end. I so wish I'd made two or three each month! But I'm definitely ahead of where I would otherwise be. Do stop by the challenge to check out my teamies fabulous creations, they're a talented crew and you're sure to leave inspired. We'd love you to share your Christmas creation with us too. I'll be back in a few hours with my next crafty adventure, so watch this space. Hugs and happy Christmas crafting, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Crafty Creations: #377 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts: #490 ~ Traditional Christmas Colours
Colour Crazy Challenge: #42 ~ Anything Goes
Christmas With The Cuties: #21 ~ Wrap Up Warm
The Holly and the Ivy: #39 ~ Anything Christmas Goes
Merry Little Christmas: #3 ~ Anything Christmas Goes
The Merry Christmas Challenge: Oct/Nov ~ Anything Christmas Goes

Comments

Dawn T said…
Super cute card Wendy. Love the shaker element.
Pat K said…
Aw this is so cute Wends. Great idea to turn this sweet image into a shaker card. I love it. xx
Chris said…
It's adorable Wends...you're becoming a real expert at creating these fabulous shaker cards.
Chris
xx
brenda said…
A really pretty creation for our Christmas theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in. Greetings from Spain, B x.
Mervi said…
Cute and adorable card, sweet image.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m
crafty-stamper said…
Beautiful shaker card love the cute image and fabulous colouring.Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy
Carol DT x
Fikreta said…
This card is so beautiful.
Hugs
Pat said…
Lovely Christmas card with a sweet image Wends.

Pat xx
Super cute. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations. Marlene DT
Judith said…
Aw thats cute Wends - got to love a shaker card - it workd fab with this little image. I have that topper pack too - i'll be working my way through it for Christmas cards this year xx
Beautiful card and colouring, good luck with your entry in colour crazy craft challenge, hugs Lynsey DT xx
Sarah said…
Love the duffle coat...sure to keep her cosy and warm. Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas with the Cutie Pies. Sarah DT
Donna Triffitt said…
Ooh I just love this card, how cute is this image.. Brilliant!! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Merry Christmas Challenge, Hugs Donna DT xx
Larelyn said…
This image is just adorable! Thanks for sharing on The Merry Christmas Challenge.
Kelley said…
So adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy