Southern Girls ~ Animal Antics

Epic brain fail this week. I had the most gorgeous night out with some Kiwi crafty pals on Wednesday and I remember to do the main challenge post because 'da boss' was up here in Auckland hanging out with us, but forgot to do my own blog post! Brain clearly elsewhere, hehe. The kids started back at school. Our school year starts with the calendar year, so it's new teachers, new routines, new dramas! So, catching up a little bit, here, is my Southern Girls Challenge post, that should have gone live on Thursday. Apologies to my lovely teamies! 


We have two wonderful sponsors this fortnight. The first is Heather Valentin of The Colour of Love (formerly Lacy Sunshine Stamps) the second is Newton's Nook Designs. Two fantastic sponsors so our winner's are in for lovely treats. I have used a sweet image from the lovely Heather Valentin for my card. This is Rory Loves Unicorns. Rory is my favourite character of Heather's. I have a real soft spot for her and I own a number of these images. I think this particular one is super cute and as I used to have a 'wolf hat' loving daughter, this image really appealed to me! 


I've coloured her with my Copic Markers and scattered a few diecut tiny hearts around her to show her 'surrounded by love'. I layered the image up on foam and over a paper doily. I used a really pretty denim paper from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh Collection as my base and cut it in a pretty scalloped finish with my Magnolia 6x6 border die I have. I really love this die! I can't recall which Doohickey Magazine it was part of, but it's a green die, so that might give a clue to some. I'll have to hunt those detes down. 


I added Wink of Stella to the unicorn horn, so had to tip the card to try and catch the light, which shows best in the pic above. So pretty in reality, but doesn't capture well on film. I finished the card with some paper blooms, a Magnolia Doohickey Heart Swirl, a tiny mushroom and a sentiment from my stash. The lovely poppy and yellow rose was from The Ribbon Girl. Another lovely craft store to close, I'm so gutted! I loved their beautiful crafty goodies.


I hope you'll come and join us this week at Southern Girls for our 'Animal Antics' challenge. We welcome any papercraft creation, be it journal page, scrapbook layout, mixed media, card, as long as you follow the theme and our simple challenge rules. I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations with this theme! It's a goodie I think! 


I'll be back very soon with another crafty adventure. In the meantime head over and take a peek at what my hugely talented teamies did for this challenge. I know you'll leave inspired and hope you'll consider playing along with us this fortnight. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Double Trouble: #21 ~ Flowers
Creative With Stamps: #35 ~ Love 
Unicorn Challenge: #40 ~ Include a Heart
Double D Challenges: The Month of Hearts
Creative Inspirations: February ~ With Love
Daisy Chain Challenges: #27 ~ Have A Heart
The Sketchy Challenge: #150 ~ Love/Valentine's Day

Comments

Sarah said…
This is outstanding Wends!! A beautiful design, I love red and yellow together and the arrangement is a fab touch. Perfect colouring xx
Pat said…
Beautiful card Wends, lovely image and awesome colouring, an absolutely fabulous card.

Pat xx
Fikreta said…
Its wonderful card!
Fantastic coloring on this darling little girl...love how you glittered the horn on the unicorn hat, and love the random splatter of the little red hearts around your focal point. Beautiful. You've been a pretty busy lady with all these entries and glad you shared them with us at Double Trouble.
Darlene said…
WOW gorgeous coloring on this sweet image Wends! Love that background paper too ... lovely design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said…
WOW, LOVE what you have created for our fabulous challenge of HEARTS at this time of LOVE. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
{aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges
Billie A said…
Wow your card is so cute. Your coloring is gorgeous. I love the cute design and so glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz
crafty-stamper said…
Gorgeous image and fabulous colouring.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn Challenge
Carol DT x
Donna Phelan said…
This is gorgeous! Every element is perfect! Sweet image colored perfectly. Love the doily accent. And your beautiful flowers mimic your beautiful Designer Paper! LOVE!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Hearts Challenge, Donna, DT Member
crafty-stamper said…
Hi just popping back to say---Thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain
Carol DT x
Rene said…
Gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
Rene
Melanie R said…
Beautiful papers and perfectly colored! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble.
Ellen said…
Lovely card, just love the colours you've been using! Thanks for joining us at The Sketchy Challengens.

groetjes, Ellen
Ellen said…
.... and also thank you for joining us at Daisy Chain Challenges.
Ela said…
Adorable image and I love your card. Hugs Ela DT The Sketchy Challenges
APeeling Crafts said…
Great card! Thanks for playing along with Creative with Stamps! Pam DT
Another beautiful card! Thanks for joining us again at Unicorn, Claire DT x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy