The Paper Door ~ Otterly Exhausted

Hey crafty pals. I'm back with another otterly adorable creation today. I just LOVE these sweet otters and I'm even doing the puns, which if you know me well, you'll know I'm not big on crafty puns, but when they work, they really work! I wanted to create with this sweet little knackered otter. He's so plum tuckered out after a hard days work, he plonked himself down in the grass and fell straight to sleep. I have to confess, I know this pose quite well! After a long day, I'm known to 'snooze through the movie'! LOL. Hate when that happens, but when you're that knackered, there's no stopping those eyelids closing! 


I created this card with some fabulous scene builder dies from Whimsy Stamps. I used the backs of three of the patterned papers in the set, as they were all slightly different shades of the same blue and diecut cloudy borders from the lighter two. The blues worked beautifully with the stripy paper I used to edge the design and I added a wee grassy hill with a die from the same set as the cloud borders and plonked my wee otter off to the side with his tail tucked in behind the grass. I then added the wood stump popped up on foam and the wee fish that he's been working hard catching for his supper. Poor fishy, I do feel sorry for him with his forlorn little face. The scene was popped up on foam before adding it to the stripy base, so there's lots of dimension in this design.


I've coloured the sweet otter and stamped elements with my Copic Markers. I stamped the images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa, which worked really well with this cutie as I used shades of brown to colour him. With my previous cards, I think the colours I used for the colouring would have worked better with black or grey ink, so note to self for the next time I ink them up.


Check out the REDESIGNED PAPER DOOR kits for 2019! Now your monthly crafty goodness delivered right to your front door is even more affordable, and includes even more exclusive Whimsy Stamps products! A BRAND NEW kit debuts on the 10th of each month. Each kit is a $50+ retail value for only $29.95 plus shipping. The kit includes EXCLUSIVE 6x6 Whimsy Stamps designer paper pack collections, fun and creative designs on heavy weight paper with a beautiful sheen - 24 double sided sheets. TEN sheets of 8.5x5.5 heavy weight neutral card stock - in black and white. SPECIAL EDITION 4x6 clear stamp set "Adorable Otters" created exclusively for PAPER DOOR. COMPLEMENTING "Adorable Otters" outline die set to easily cut out the images from the 4 x 6 stamp set, designed exclusively for PAPER DOOR. SPECIAL EDITION "Build-a-Pond" Die Set and "Cozy Cabin" 4x3 clear stamp set introduced especially for PAPER DOOR. PRIVATE access to PDF files with step-by-step instructions for at least 4 different projects. 


We’ve made PAPER DOOR an easy and affordable way for you to enjoy a monthly card making kit: NO minimums, NO subscriptions to commit to, NO wait lists to sweat out, NO multi-tier pricing. Each kit is a LIMITED EDITION and individual items may or may not be released at a later date. Supplies are limited so order yours today, and unlock your creativity with Whimsy Stamps PAPER DOOR kits! I hear there are only a couple of kits left, so if you love it, grab it!


The rest of the team will be sharing their creations too, so check out the buzz on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Page. This is my fifth creation with this set and it's hubby's big 5-0 this weekend, so I'll be radio quiet for a bit now! My in-laws arrive tomorrow, I've a surprise boys night out planned for hubby with this besties and then family fun over the weekend, so I'll be a busy girlie for the next few days! Wishing you a happy and crafty upcoming weekend. I hope you've enjoyed this wee step through the Paper Door and I'll see you again really soon with another crafty adventure. Hugs xoxo
Challenge Entries:

Comments

Dawn T said…
Just adorable Wendy. The otters are really cute
Sarah said…
Another fabulous card from this collection Wends. You have made a brilliant showcase of them all xx
Donna Ellis said…
LOL! Wends, your little critter is otterly beautiful! Sorry, I couldn't pass it up! Wonderfully vibrant colors and a otterly sweet scene! hugs, de
Fikreta said…
Wonderful card!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy