Fab 'n' Funky ~ The Colour Purple

Hey there lovely crafty pals. It's my turn to host the Fab 'n' Funky challenge this week and I have chosen the theme 'The Colour Purple'. It's my mummy's favourite colour and I'm partial to it myself, in fact I know a lot of crafty friends who enjoy creating with this colour, so I'm hoping this theme will be well received. 


I've used a gorgeous Sugar Nellie image from their Vintage Adorable range called Amber for my card. These images have some greyscale shading on them already, so it makes them so easy to colour and shade. I find rich dark colours work well for these, so I went for a brunette hair colour and warm skin tone. I love this image, it reminds me so much of some images that were around in the 70's when I was growing up. I feel rather nostalgic when I look at it. 



I used my Copic Markers to colour this up and ended up adding some extra detail around the eyes with a copic fineliner to really make the eyes pop. I've added some Wink of Stella in gold to the flower centres too for a little sparkle and interest and added a soft wash of blue around the image, which doesn't show particularly well in the pics, but is lovely in reality.


The background stamp is a lovely one from the Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card range and is called Funky. I've inked the stamp up with a Tsukineko Kaleidacolor ink called Creole Spice. It's hard to see the lovely colour changes in the middle of the card, as I added ribbon there, but the colours go from yellow, to orange, to green to purple and then to a dark blue. I just thought it would be fun to have the changing colours on such a swirling design. I inked across the design roughly to the centre of the stamp (it's a large 6x6 stamp) and then I turned the ink pad and did it from the other side of the paper coming into the middle with the same darker shades towards the centre. 


I hope you'll come and play along with us in our 'Purplicious' theme this week, remember it doesn't have to be solely purple, but I would like the purple to be very obvious, a real feature of the card, not just a tiny detail. I can't wait to see what you're inspired to do. Be sure to check out my super talented teamies creations for more inspiration, they won't disappoint! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, hugs and happy crafting! Wends xoxo






Challenge Entries:
Love To Scrap: #123 ~ Anything Goes
Daisy Chain Challenge: #32 ~ Flowers
Love To Craft: #36 ~ July Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #26 ~ Anything Goes
Papercraft Challenges: #41 ~ Glitter & Sparkles
Crafting From The Heart: #247 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #109 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations Challenge: July ~ Anything Goes

Comments

What an incredible image Wends and you have coloured her to perfection!! Love this gorgeous cards
Blessings
Maxine
Joy Wilson said…
Fabulous! Your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator
A fab fun card with a beautifully coloured image. Thank you for taking part in challenge #36 of the "Love To Craft Challenge". DT Sam x
Doris P. said…
What a Beautiful Motiv!I love the Background stamp. Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
Doris
Helen said…
Beautifully made and coloured.

Thanks for joining us at the Colour Crazy Challenge.

Helen x
Dawn Darlene said…
What a beautiful colouring job!
LOU said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. Love your colouring.
Thanks so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #109. Hope to see you again soon.
Lou DT xo

JemLou Productions
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTSC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy