Whimsy Wednesday ~ Screw Cancer

Hello, hello! I've been chasing round after the kiddies on Winter break this past week and we're half way through their last week off, so still oodles to do! But I just wanted to pop in and share one of my latest creations using the recent 'Mini Release' from Whimsy Stamps which focused on supporting friends and loved ones who might be going through some tough times, particularly focusing on supporting those fighting Cancer. There are three wonderful sets in this 'Mini Release' and one of the sets also focuses on the caregivers, which I think is absolutely wonderful, as they can give so much of their time and lives to being that support during this difficult and sometimes heartbreaking journey.


Occasionally, what's needed in this journey is a little humour and irreverence, to get through those really tough times. Now this card won't be for everyone, but for the right person, it just really could bring a smile and a sense of 'yeah, we can do this!!' right when it's most needed.


I kept the card VERY simple. It's as CAS as I make! Single layer, no trim or frills. Just some background stamping and the fabulous 'stick it to it' sentiment. I really felt this card didn't need anything 'more'. So it's a very simple, top folding white card base, with the screw stamp from the Cancer Sucks set randomly stamped all over and the fabulous sentiment in black right in the middle for full impact. 


Just in case you couldn't quite see the sentiment in the first two pics, here it is, in all it's irreverent glory. You'll know that 'one' person that it's totally right for! I think it's so empowering and could give such a boost when spirits are really flagging. 


These sets were created by our wonderful Whimsy artist Deb Davis with real mindfulness for those suffering this awful illness and also for the wonderful souls who assist them during this journey. My heart and thoughts go out to all of you that have been touched by this illness. It has left scars quite literally on my own family. I know how difficult this journey can be, so I wish you love, strength and ultimately health if you are going through or supporting a loved one going through this tough journey.


Whimsy Stamps also has this wonderful penguin drawn by our lovely Crissy Armstrong to honour, support and encourage her brother while he has been going through chemotherapy. All the proceeds from the sale of this image, will be donated to the Canadian Make a Wish Foundation in Ray's name. You can visit my previous post showing the card I created with this wonderful image here.


Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you've been inspired by my very simple CAS creation. These sets are amazing and though I hope you should never need to use them, I know you'll find a set that is perfect for you, should the need ever arise. Love and hugs to you all xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Love To Craft: #36 ~ Anything Goes
Love To Scrap: #123 ~ Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges: #82 ~ Monochromatic
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #110 ~ Anything Goes
Back To Basics & Beyond: #33 ~ Off The Edge Stamping

Comments

DH was hit with the big C Wends, so I totally 'get' this - and it does scar the whole family - you are so right. Fabulous card my friend.
'fraid I won't be getting to SENZ - costs of accommodation, once I get there, are too high on top of everything else... would have loved to have caught up.
Blessings
Maxine
Sherri Thacker said…
That sentiment is perfect for this card. Thanks for sharing it with us at BBB.
Joy Wilson said…
Screw cancer you’re right about that! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
LPOCF Owner, Coordinator
Kathyk said…
YAY! To the sentiment on your super and CAS card, thanks so much for sharing it with us this month over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

Kathyk
DT @ LTCCB
Angie said…
Great card, love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-DT/Owner

http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/
https://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
https://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/
Cazro said…
Love how you interpreted the sentiment. Many thanks for sharing with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. Caz DT.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy