Whimsy Wednesday ~ Disease Sucks

Hey there crafty pals, I had a lovely time on Sunday at our New Zealand craft fair SENZ with one of my local pals. We did a lil' make and take using metallic wax finishes. I've not used those before, and wow was it fun to do together. It was so lovely to meet some local crafter's I've only known by name and reputation too. I loved browsing around and was happy to see Whimsy Stamps so well represented by our lovely Kiwi retailer Krafter's Cart. They're a great place to shop for all things Whimsy here in New Zealand. It was fun to be able to thumb through some of the stock and add to my wishlist! If you like any of the Whimsy creations I make and live Down Under, Meetu is your girl at Krafter's Cart. Get in touch and she'll sort you out!


I'm sharing another card I've made with the 'Mini Release' from Whimsy Stamps aimed at supporting loved ones going through cancer treatment or caring for someone who is. This card was empowering and equally heartbreaking to create. Every ribbon on this card represents a cancer that has touched my life through family and friends. So I am mindful of their journeys and struggles as I share this and send love to any who may currently be going through this awful journey and to those too, still catching their breaths and healing from past struggles. These sets were created by one of our talented Whimsy designers and she is sadly no stranger to the pain and struggles of this illness. So they have been created with great love and mindfulness of the journey both sufferers and their caregivers have to go through. I used various colours of Memento Ink to stamp one of the ribbon patterns repeatedly and randomly across the design. A simple sentiment to finish popped up on foam and the main image popped up on foam over a black and white striped paper. I kept it very simple to allow the stamping and the message to feature.


Come on back next week when I'll be sharing another Whimsy Stamps creation and I'll be here tomorrow with my latest Southern Girls DT creation too. So see you then! Have a great day. Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Crafty Creations: #395 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #110 ~ Anything Goes
Back To Basics & Beyond: #33 ~ Off The Edge Stamping

Comments

Sarah said…
A very though provoking card Wends and with the various types represented it really does hit home how dreadful this disease is. I work in our local surgery and have seen many patients suffer at the hand of cancer, some beating it and others not quite so lucky. It makes one extremely thankful for each and every day xx
Loving the hearts in the ribbon image Wends - that is fabulous. I totally agree with the sentiment!
Blessings
Maxine
Sherri Thacker said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherri Thacker said…
A beautiful stamp set and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Back to Basics and Beyond.
Fikreta said…
very beautiful card!
Joy Wilson said…
Awesome awareness card! Love the bright colors! Thanks for joining us.
Hugs, Joy
LPOCF Owner, Coordinator
Narelle Fasulo said…
Awesome card. Love it! Lets hope none of us have a need to make many like that.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
Narelle DT
Cazro said…
Again, a clever card. Many thanks for sharing with us at Back to Basics and Beyond. Caz DT.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy