Happy New Year ~ Whimsy's First New Release of 2020!

Hey there lovely crafty pals. I hope you've had a beautiful Christmas break and a wonderful New Year Celebration whatever that means for you! We each have our own way of celebrating don't we?! This year, Georgie our teen, stayed up (again, it's the second year she has) to see in the New Year with us. I love making these memories with our kids. Not quite the same as the year we saw the fireworks over the giant snow covered trees in Sjöbo with our best friends, but still beautiful memory making moments with our growing girlie. With a new decade comes dreams of hope and possibility and also comes a brand new release at Whimsy Stamps! I love our first of the month New Releases, I always get so excited! I'm delighted to share that we have a wonderful stamp line joining our Digital Vault this year. We now have the Sassy Cheryl's images which will be released a few images each month along with our other fabulous stamp lines. This is gonna be a great year! 


As we did last year, we are showcasing a few of the beautiful Sylvia Zet images that are in the store. The full range is available in store now, but the DT design with a few each month, which is such a treat, as I LOVE these sweet images. I've been a diehard Whimsy fan for absolutely years and it's because of these sweet images and Crissy Armstrong's gorgeous images. Seriously so much talent in these two amazing artists, I'll never run out of something I want to colour and now they're adding another artist whose work I've loved for years too. I'm gonna be a busy girl!


This little cutie is called Dyanne. I've coloured her with my Copic Markers and I've added liberal touches of sparkle to this sweet creation. I've used a mix of glitter mediums. The flowers have touches of Wink of Stella in Glitter Orange, just the touch those flower centres needed. Her wings I added loose glitter in places and Wink of Stella Clear over the rest, so all the wing sparkles, not just the veins. For her cute tiara, I wanted a glitter with dimension, so I reached for the lovely Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard. This sweet creation was destined for one of my sweet nieces who will soon turn two. But I'd just discovered she's a Minnie Mouse fan! So I may have to go back to the drawing board!! Hehe.


I'll be back again with another showcase for the New Release very soon and I can't wait to share our fabulous Sassy Cheryl creations with you! You'll have to check out the latest Whimsy Inspiration post to see all the fab images on offer in this release! Happy New Year my crafty friends. 2020 is going to be a good one, I can feel it! Huge hugs to you all xoxo


  


Challenge Entries:
Cute Card Thursday: #615 ~ Anything Goes
Papercraft Challenges: #53 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #50 ~ Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread Challenge: #110 ~ Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge: #252 ~ Anything Goes
Moving Along With The Times: #114 ~ New Things (New Image)
Creative Inspirations Challenge: January ~ Something New (New Image)

Comments

Lucy Patrick said…
Happy New Year Wends! What a gorgeous card, I love Sylvia Zet images too and now you've made me want to go check out what's in store at Whimsy! Hugs to you, XOX Lucy
Happy new year. I love these cute fairies and your card is so pretty
Tracey T said…
Happy New Year my lovely! It's great when the kids get old enough to share seeing in the new year, isn't it? Donald never makes it to midnight but I was lucky to have Gregor and his girlfriend with me, which was great fun. Love your sweet card, the image is so pretty xx
Chris said…
Happy New Year lovely Wends! I hope 2020 brings health and happiness to you and your loved ones.
Your card is adorable, sweetest image combined with your amazing colouring. Like you, I love the sweet Sylvia Zet images, they are so lovely to colour. All of mine are stamps but I think I might be tempted to try the digis! Great news about the Sassy Cheryl images too...another source of temptation. Glad I didn't resolve not to buy any new craft stuff this year, I'd be breaking that one already!
xxx
Fikreta said…
Very beautiful card!
Happy new year!
Sarah said…
Happy New Year lovely lady!! Love this adorable little miss, beautifully coloured xx
Gina's Cards said…
Such a gorgeous card! Love the cute image and your colouring is beautiful. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx
Jackie C said…
Super pretty! Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx
Claudia said…
Oh Wends, this is so adorable, I love the glitter accents and your great colouration!
Hugs Claudia
Pop's Cards said…
Stunning sweetie, I love the super cute image and the colours you have used, a treasure i am sure, hugs Pops x
I love your card and new image Wendy. It's so cute and coloured beautifully. Thanks for taking the time to enter our challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT
berucrafts said…
Dear Wendy.... Wonderful card and it fits perfectly to the current challenge.
Thank you very much for joining us at the Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Ute
DT Spotlight Januar 2020
Margo said…
This is so adorable ! Love your colouring !
Thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge and the best of luck with your entry ! Hope to see you again soon !
Greetz
Margo DT
Donna Ellis said…
Wendy, the details in your coloring are nothing short of miraculous to me! Darling little fairy character, and a beautiful card full of sweetness and love! Quite endearing! I wish I could read your blog post, Wendy, but the font is way too small for me, so please forgive if I have overlooked something personal. I'm embarrassed to convey this, but want my blogging friends who use the small fonts to understand why. Lots of hugs, de
Silke said…
This little fairy is so sweet. Your card is so cute ana I love your awesome colouring. Many thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.
Hugs, Silke
*Vicki* said…
Oh Wendy, I totally ADORE this sweet little girl you've colored up so beautifully!! So happy to see that you've had a wonderful New Year to celebrate with your family to make memories! Really enjoyed working alongside you this past year and getting to know you my friend! Here's to a happy and successful 2020 as well! BIGGEST HUGS

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy