Whimsy Stamps ~ Autumn Bliss

Hey there my lovely crafty friends, I'm popping in today, with a cute creation I made earlier this month, but hadn't yet found a minute to share here on my blog. This cute Pumpkin Scarecrow is from the Whimsy Stamps Some Odd Girl Digital Range and I've got to say, not been a fan of scarecrows before now, but these ones are real cuties! They remind me a little of a childhood character I watched as a little girl called Raggedy Andy, so had me waxing nostalgic!


I had the best fun adding little details to this cutie, a check pattern on his shirt, some dots on the patches. I coloured the image with Copic Markers and though I should make a note of what I used, I'm really sorry I didn't. I had a tricky time photographing this creation. Trying to get the light right to capture the pretty hues of the background ink blending, but also the sparkles and highlights of the shimmer pens I used. So, there are a few pics in different lights, to try to capture all the details.


I have had this lovely farmhouse wreath stamp set in my stash for a while and wanted to use it as Autumn approached, it's sadly out of stock now at Whimsy, but may still be available at resellers. I think it's just lovely and have ideas of more makes to create with it. I created a wee frame for the sentiment using the wreath stamp then added in some autumnal hues to the leaves, I kept it soft as I didn't want to draw attention away from the image, but some soft colouring with copics and then sparkle added on top to finish.


I had inked the background and splattered that with pearlescent off white paint before adding the stamping. I added three little gems to the top right hand corner to finish this design in a matching hue, which I pulled out of a sweet shaker set from my stash. Shaker mixes are not just for shaker cards right?!


Thanks for popping in today, I'm hoping to find some time very soon to do a little wander through blogland. It's been far too long since I've had time for that! So apologies for my lack of visits. If we've been blogging friends a while you'll know to expect a whole bunch of comments all at once as I do try to catch up when I can. Lockdown life has been kind, we've not had any major dramas or issues and hubby and I have carried on working from home, then main difference has been I've had a little more time to craft, which has been lovely. Still not inspired to sort my craft room out though, which is half in boxes, the other half waiting to go into boxes, so we can replace the carpet in that room. I really need to get it done before I go back to work! There's always something on the to do list around here, that's for sure!


We are literally about to launch the new release for October in a few hours and would you believe I've still 2 creations to share from this month! I go so busy creating, but didn't manage to keep up with the blogging. Home schooling each morning means sharing my PC with my littlest one, so not quite the freedom to keep up with everything. I will endeavour to get those posted in the next few minutes! It'll be like London buses! LOL. See you again soon xoxo

Older stash no longer in store, but lots of gorgeous similar options!



Challenge Entries:
Creative Inspirations Challenge: September/October ~ Fabulous Fall or Happy Halloween

Comments

Love this Wends - such a whimsical image and gorgeous ink blending on the background!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
I think I might need to colour this image. Lovely card x
Love your pretty card Wends. The image is so cute and I love the blending. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck Jayne DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy