Whimsy Stamps ~ Halloween Exploding Hex Box

Hi crafty friends, if you've been following my blog a while, you'll know I'm all about the pretty paper! I love pretty paper, so much so, I'm hesitant often to cover it up too much. What better way to show off a range of pretty papers than with an exploding box?! So I had the fun idea to showcase some of the gorgeous Whimsy Stamps Halloween Papers this way and this was the result.


Forgive that it's not spilling over with candy! We've been in lockdown and shopping is limited, but if you can imagine it brimming with candy, this is what I'm going for. I think this will be quite thrilling as a centrepiece on a Halloween table for the kids to lift the lid on and have all the candy inside spill out, like one of those candy cakes when you cut into them.


The pic above shows the box with the lid in place, I didn't decorate the outside of the box, just the lid, so that there was the extra drama of the inside being all decorated. I've used two fantastic Whimsy Stamps Paper Packs to decorate this candy box. I chose a hex design, because that seemed kinda fun for Halloween and also because Whimsy has a fabulous set of Hexagonal dies, perfect for this design, which you could do in any size you wished depending which die you chose for the lid and base. There are lots of tutorials out there, so I've not added those details.


I left the inside base plain, as the candy will be sitting there, but for the inner sides and the top of the lid, I've used papers from the Haunted Paper Pack and the Hocus Pocus Paper Pack. I stamped the Trick or Treat sentiment on the box lid to finish the design, but left it otherwise plain. I didn't want to add any other embellishments to the lid, because, that paper, sigh, it's perfect and I didn't want to cover any of that fabulous scene! I hope I'll get to take a pic with the candy in it down the track and I'll update here when I can.


Thanks for stopping in to visit today. I hope you liked the idea of this exploding candy box for Halloween. I really will try to get a pic of it candy filled when we come out of our lockdown! Click on the banner above if you're keen to see the rest of our fabulous Halloween and Autumn Release at Whimsy this month. Hugs and stay safe xoxo






Comments

Faye Wynn-Jones said…
That is SO cool! Love it x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy