Whimsy Stamps ~ Jamie and the Rats

A very big hello crafty pals. I've been crazy busy the past few days, working on a project that will be shared in May, so I've been a bit quiet here. But I'm back today with a fun creation I made for one of my kiddo's besties. They go to Climbing Club together and did Outdoor Ed' at school together too. So wound up going on a very memorable hiking trip last year. A trip that had rats eating through the corner of the tent to get their snacks! It was scary at the time but makes one of those 'remember when' hilarious retellings! We had such fun with the retelling of this event, that we ended up singing a ditty about it to Elton John's 'Bennie and the Jets', reworking the lyrics into 'Jamie and the Rats', we did a silly but fun reworking of the song and sang it to Jamie! He loved it so much he asked for a recording!! Needless to say, it was a big hit. So when his birthday rolled around, it was a no brainer to do another lil' hat-tip to the fun we had with that story. So was born the idea for the cheese-wall climbing rats!


That fabulous 'holey cheese' die is such a fun starting point for this design. I wanted it to look like Swiss cheese, so kept the paper very buttery yellow to emulate it. I used the positive and negative sections from the Swiss Dots A2 Die to create the cheesy base. Popping the central panel up on foam for dimension and to give better 'climbing holds' for the rats. (Hehe, you need to be a climber to get that last statement!)


The tricky bit came trying to colour the white lettering to match! I used about 5 different markers to get the colour right! But I'm so happy with the final result, feel like I kinda nailed it! I used the fun quirky ABC stamp and die set from Whimsy Stamps for the lettering. This is such a fun and different set. Perfect to capture the vibe of our shenanigans. All that remained was to add the two climbing rats! The Whimsy Stamps Say Cheese clear stamp set was perfect for this! I coloured them up with my Copic markers in ratty fashion and hey presto it was ready to go!


I hope you enjoyed the silly story of this creation and the shenanigans we got up to, it was so fun sharing! Should you need to get up to some ratty mischief yourself, then Whimsy Stamps has got you covered! I will be back soon with another fun crafty adventure, until then, but sure to pop by the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group to check out the awesome creations being shared by all the wonderful Whimsy Stamps Design teams. Hugs xoxo





Comments

Faye Wynn-Jones said…
You're working on May! Blimey, I thought I was organised. This is such a fun card. Loved the story x
Siv said…
I love your story and for the first time: i love the rats too xxx
Chris said…
Fantastic card Wends! Such fun, love your holey cheese - and they're such cute rats! xx
Love this, and love the back story too, which made it all the more interesting. That is one fabulous creation Wends
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
gorgeous card !

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy