Whimsy Stamps ~ Love, Love, Love

Hey there crafty pals. I'm back today with my final Whimsy creations for January. I loved the idea of combining the fabulous Slimline Hearts background die with the fun Taffy Slimline Paper for some Valentine's creations. I had such fun pairing the taffy paper with coloured cardstock, I cut a whole bunch of possible colour combinations and ended up loving the combo of these citrus hues the best. This Taffy paper is so fun, I'm sure I'll come up with some more great options too. But I really love how these three look together. 


I wanted to show the fabulous Slimline Hearts Die as much as possible as it's really lovely, so I covered the taffy paper with the diecut panel and then added back just a few of the larger diecut hearts, which I first covered with loose glitter and then popped up on foam. I used some lovely slimline cardstock for the plain paper layers which toned so well with the Taffy Paper and white textured cardstock for the sentiments.


I used two lovely word die sets to create the diecut sentiments for all three cards. The green card I added the 'love' diecut three times and finished the middle one with a diecut heart from one of the other colours I had cut with the Slimline Hearts Die


For the rainbow and yellow card I combined the 'You Are' die set with the 'Love Word' die set and for the orange card, I used the 'Love Word' die set alone. All of the diecut words were popped up on tiny bits of foam for dimension. A labour of love to get them all hidden behind the lettering! So that's my creations for today. These were so fun to create and also relatively quick creations to pull together. I think I'll get the other colours finished too before Valentine's Day! 


We are running a challenge on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group at the moment, which will run until the end of February. The Treasures Team are showcasing some of these lovely sets above over January and February, so our challenge is to share creations that you have used any of these sets on. If you own any of these sets, be sure to come and join in the fun with us! There's a $25 Whimsy Stamps Gift Card up for grabs.


This month has gone by in a blur! I've had so much going on. Not to mention last weekend we got issued notice by our landlord of 8 years, who is wanting to sell the house we are renting. A shock to the system to say the least as we've been here a while and are well settled into this area, after our years away in the UK. So it's time for a new adventure and we're frantically packing and house hunting now for a new place to settle for a short while. We still dream of having our own place, it's just been so crazy price wise since we returned from the UK, the NZ housing market is so over-inflated. But we will keep saving and keep dreaming of finding the 'right' place for our 'forever home'. I need to get back to packing but I'll see you in a couple of days with a new crafty adventure. Until then, hugs and happy crafting xoxo








Comments

Chris said…
Bold, bright and beautiful- love these Wends!
Good luck with the house-hunting, hope you soon find somewhere fabulous!.
xx
Dawn T said…
Beautiful colours on your cards Wendy. Great design. Hope you find something suitable in the same area. So hard to find rentals these days but you are so right about the high house prices here in Auckland.
Sarah said…
These are wonderful Wends, love the bright and cheery background colours. I hope that you are able to find another home that you love, close to where you are. It's no consolation but house prices here in the UK are just ridiculous too. Connor (our youngest) and his girlfriend are just buying their first home together and honestly, it's scary!! xx
What fabulous papers and stunning cards Wends - love that heart die cut that you used.
Sorry to hear you were given notice - packing and moving is not fun... and yes, house prices are scary - my son and family have just moved and what they paid for their house 6 years ago, versus what the sold for, is unbelievable. But now they have to buy in a larger centre, so that is stretching their budget too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Lorraine said…
Aww I love these, gorgeous designs and fabulous bright colours
Lorraine x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy