Fab 'n' Funky ~ Christmas Already?

Hey there my sweet blog pals. I have a fun post for you today which will help you get ahead and set up for this years Christmas cards. I know, I know, don't groan, we've only just waved goodbye to Christmas. Well, I don't know about you, but I need all the help I can get through the year to inspire me to create for Christmas. So just as we did last year, Fab 'n' Funky is having a monthly Christmas theme. You can create anything you like, as long as it's for Christmas. We have the wonderful Di's Digi Stamps sponsoring us too, so a great prize is up for grabs! I made these two cards a while back and never posted. So today you get a twofer! 


When I'm creating in bulk for Christmas the designs have to be quick and repeatable. So these two are very pared back CAS cards. The top card is using a digital paper, simple flatback pearls to the corners and the cutest wee Snowman with his giant Brighton Rock heart candy. I've added glossy accents to the heart to make it look like a candy cane heart. It totally makes me think of Brighton Rock. I love his cute Satsuma nose which so makes me think of The Snowman. I love that sweet animation and I sent a snowman stuffy home years ago to one of my nephews, which I found out some years later, became his favourite ever soft toy. So warm happy thoughts being evoked by this make for me. I'll be humming the theme now all day! Hehe. I coloured the snowman with my Promarkers, which looking at the hat, needed a bit more work on the blending! But that's what happens when I create in haste. I still love it though. This sweet Snowman is from the Pure Innocence range by MFT and is called Happy Heart Snowman. My snowman actually came as a freebie sometime back with a fab crafty digital magazine, this version has the stripes on the heart.


This second make uses the cutest Santa stamp from Whiff of Joy. I was so sad when that store closed, I really liked their images, so that was a truly sad day. I've loved this stamp for ages, but actually only used it this once, so I have to make a better effort at reusing lovely stamps I have. Looking at this make now, I should have added some blue around the image, but again, being a quick make, just kept it very CAS. It's not easy to see in this, but the yellow stars have a little glossy accents on them and Santa's fur trim was done with Liquid Applique and then puffed up with a heat tool. It's actually far more textured and puffy IRL. The gorgeous sentiment is from an old Amy R for CC Designs Sentiment set. I'll try to hunt down the actual name of the set soon. 


Well I hope you're inspired to have an early start on your Christmas creations and I haven't sent you running to bury your head in pillows and scream 'la la la la'! If you're keen to get ahead on this years stash of Christmas cards, come and join in our challenge this week and show us whatcha got. Go checkout what my talented teamies and our lovely hostess Ginny got up to for this challenge. I can't wait to see what you'll do too. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, but in the meantime, enjoy the rest of your week and happy crafting! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Creations: #335 ~ Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread: #35 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: #403 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends: #37 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges: Winter Wonderland (snowman card)
Sweet Stampin' Christmas: February ~ Anything 'Christmas' Goes
Stamping Sensations: Animal Magic (you don't get more magic than rudolph!)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Transport It (entering my Santa in his sleigh card)
Crafty Catz Challenge: #358 ~ Occupations (Santa has one of the best occupations there is!)

Comments

Cute cards Wends - love the snowman one with the stripes on the heart, and the sleigh is gorgeous too.
Blessings
Maxine
Juls said…
gorgeous makes!! :-) xx
Wendy said…
Gorgeous Chrismas cards Wends,adorable images
Hugs Wendy xx
I have that cute snowman, lovely cas cards
Chris said…
Both of these cards are fabulous Wends! Love the cute snowman with his candy striped heart, the striped background paper is the perfect choice, making this a bright and happy festive make. The Santa card is adorable...cutest of Santas and a lovely CAS design...love the font on the sentiment stamp, it's beautiful.
Chris
x
Pat said…
Two really lovely CAS cards Wends, the snowman is a real cutie and love the way you have coloured him, the second image is a lovely cute Santa.

Pat xx
Alison said…
Two fantastic Christmas cards, Wends, and I just love Santa with his reindeer - such a cute pair.
Alison x
N-Eva said…
What a lovely two cards. Love your coloring!! The papers and images are fab!
Pat K said…
Two beautiful creations Wends. Hope all is well. hugs, Pat K x
Deanne Saunders said…
So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper
Ginny said…
gorgeous guy, I keep dreaming of a white xmas and I guess it's never going to happen :( at least we have air conditioning installed now for the next one :/
brenda said…
A really sweet image for our Animal Magic theme, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Allsorts challenge.

B x
Dora said…
Beautiful card with a beautiful image.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.
Wendy L said…
So gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx
crafty said…
Love the matching stripes! Thank you for joining us at Creative Corner this time.
Mary
Vicky said…
These are both awesome christmas cards hun love them both I love Di's images & I loved WJ especially Henry he was such a cutie.

lOTSA HUGS vICKY XXX
Two lovely cards. Thanks for sharing them with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x
Sarah said…
These are fab and you have made a great start on your Christmas pile for this year!! xx
Teresa Kline said…
hello wendy! this is an adorable card, your coloring is fantastic! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*
Victoria Rowson said…
Fabulous clean and simple Christmas card!! The image is super cute! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope that you can join in with the fun again soon. Hugs Victoria (DT) x
Emma Williams said…
What a wonderful interpretation of our challenge theme and I adore Santa on his sleigh...he looks adorable! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)
Gorgeous cards Wends....Sweet image and lovely colours....Joolsx
Marlies said…
Two beautiful Christmas cards. A lovely cas design and the images are adorable!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy