Sweet Stampin' ~ One Layer

Hey there my sweet blog pals. Well it's been an interesting week! I should be throwing my soon to be 12 year old a birthday celebration today. We were going to have 5 pre-teens in the house having some girlie fun this evening. There was going to be spray in hair colour, nail polish, a fun movie and of course scrummy party tea but my 6 year old has English Measles. So we've had to postpone the party! Georgie shares her birthday with my big sis, so we were heading to my brothers for a shared birthday lunch before her friends arrived, sadly we'll be missing that too. But I'm here with you today, to share my DT creation for Sweet Stampin', so let's get to that. We have a great challenge theme this week. We want to see your 'Single Layer' cards. So I went all Scandi-chic CAS for my creation today. Let me know what you think.


This gorgeous Scandinavian inspired floral heart stamp is a clear stamp from Close to My Heart from their October 2013 Stamp of the Month. It has a beautiful design inspired by traditional Scandinavian cutwork. I love these beautiful traditional Scandinavian papercrafts and utterly fell in love with this set. It was a must have in my collection. I really need to use it more, as it really is pretty. I think it lends itself well to this very CAS card design too. A very quick and easy 'bang out a bunch' Christmas card design. If you look closely, the finishing touch to this CAS design, was a very simple, scored line around the edge of the card. The greeting is Swedish and translates to Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. I made this card for my Swedish pal and have a few really lovely Swedish sentiments which I bought from Bildmalarna before they closed. Another favourite stamp store I was sad to see close last year.


At the same time I made my DT card, I also did a super cute Forever Friends Bear stamp design too, in the same completely CAS one layer design. So here's that wee make too. Very quick job on the colouring and just the simple embossed border and a cute little sentiment from Stampendous. Simples!

Photobucket

Pop into the challenge blog to check out what my super talented teamies got up to for this challenge. I hope you'll come join us for this challenge too, I love to see what you are inspired to do. I'll see you again really soon for another crafty adventure. Right now, I have to entertain a poorly boy and placate a sad wee party girl. We will have fun for sure when we do get to celebrate! But for now, it's hama bead fun and some family movie time. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Alphabet Challenge: Y for You Choose
Lemon Shortbread: #35 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner: #111 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends: #37 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #8 ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments: #174 ~ Animals + A Sentiment
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday: #466 ~ Florals (flowers in the heart stamp)
A Gem of a Challenge: #188 ~ Favourite Colour Combo ~ Red, White, Green for Christmas

Comments

Juls said…
Gorgeous cards!! Xx
What wonderful CAS and Single layer cards Wends - love them
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Aww Wends, what bad timing! It's never good to get measles but on your sister's birthday treat day is terrible! Hope your little lad recovers quickly and Georgie soon gets over her disappointment. At least she still has her party to look forward to!
Beautiful cards today, the CAS design is gorgeous, the heart stamp is elegant and lovely and the little bear a real cutie! I'm always very impressed by one layer cards...they are so much more difficult than they look!
Chris
x
Pat said…
Two beautiful cards Wends, love that gorgeous heart. I hope the measles are soon gone and that Georgie can have her party, Happy Birthday to her and your sister.

Pat xx
Sarah said…
Super duper cards!! That heart is really gorgeous. Hope the little guy is soon feeling better and that the party can be rescheduled really soon xx
MagsB said…
Gorgeous cards, Wendy, and the Scandinavian heart is just beautiful!

I'm so sorry to hear that English Measles is rampaging through your home, how disappointing to have to abandon your plans. I hope it passes quickly and that you'll all have a great celebration soon!

love Mags B x
Fikreta said…
Wonderful cards
Christine L said…
Both cards are CAS and fabulous too.. particularly loving the first!!

So sorry to hear you've got measles in the house...... hope it goes soon!

Christine x
Kandy's Krafts said…
Lovely CAS card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting from the Heart.
Dawn T said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. Hope your boy is feeling better and your daughter gets to have her party soon. Birthday hugs to your girlie
Gorgeous cards Wendy...sorry to hear your little ones have the measles....but it best to get it over and done with at a early age!....Joolsx
Furrbster said…
Great cards - I hope your daughter isn't too upset at her brother - I know at that age it doesn't seem fair when everything is planned and something comes along to spoil it - especially a party! Fingers crossed he gets better soon and the party is much better than planned (maybe better weather :D),


Thanks for crafting along with us at Aud Sentiments for our Animals challenge,

Hugz Tinz DT
Blue Daisy said…
This is gorgeous! Thank you for joining our challenge at Crafting With Friends. Good Luck!
Tracy, DT
Tammy said…
Two fabulous CAS cards and I love the sparkle on the Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x
Nannieflash said…
A beautiful card I love the design. Thanks for joining us at PG, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
Bettina L. said…
Love both the cards. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx
Sandy said…
Fab cards, love the cute christmas bear. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT
Louise F NZ said…
Hi Lovely, very excited to get to comment on your blog today with DT commitments. You card is sublime and the bear is SOOOO freaking cute! Thanks loads for playing along with us at Colour Crazy Challenge.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy