Fab 'n' Funky ~ Wild About You

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. I'm here with another DT post today. It's my turn to play Challenge Hostess over at Fab 'n' Funky, which means I got to pick the theme! Never one to want to keep things simple, I decided on a theme that could be interpreted two ways! We have the most fabulous sponsor this week and their images are delish. So with this in mind, I wanted to open up the options for the DT to play to their hearts content with the theme. We were given gorgeous images by our sponsor The Paper Shelter to play with and the DT came up with some utterly fabulous creations. 


I used a super cute image for my creation (it was popular among the DT) called Can't Take My Eyes Off You from the Featured Valentines Collection, which I coloured with my Promarkers. Isn't that image fab?! I just loved it and did my best to colour it up like hubby and me. Should have peppered the hair with grey, that would have been a little more realistic, LOL.


I used a Go Kreate die to cut the shape of the card. I really love these. No other set I've found has come close to the range of larger sizes these sets offer and I think they're fab. I used a lovely Kaisercraft set of papers for this card called Sandy Toes. The sentiment I pinched out of another set, as the one I pulled the papers out of was beachy and not offering the right sort of sentiment for this creation. I was so pleased with how well this toned considering it was from a different set! Now I don't want to come over all gushy, but this sentiment really is true of my hubby. He's the joker extraordinaire in my life, he keeps me smiling constantly and I knew when I found it, that this was the perfect sentiment to use on this card for him. 


I've been having such trouble with my computer today, it keeps loosing connectivity, so it's taken me hours to do some very simple updates. I could have cried, when all the work I'd just done on our DT blog got overwritten. Not a clever thing that blogger allows two people to edit the same document unawares. A recipe for disaster me thinks. Anyone else had this happen? I'd love to know if there are any fixes you've employed to stop this happening. Wishing you all happy days and looking forward to seeing your take on this challenge. Be sure to click through to the challenge blog to check out all my amazingly talented teamies creations. See you again soon for another crafty adventure. Big hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
The Ribbon Girl: February Card Challenge
Deep Ocean Challenge: Hearts (steam heart)
Creative Inspirations: #268 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: Love Is In The Air
Passion For Promarkers: #381 ~ I 'Heart' You (steam heart)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Cute (I think they're a pretty cute couple)
The Paper Shelter: #280 ~ For A Special Moment (our 23rd Wedding Anniversary)
Crafty Catz Challenge: 3 Designer Papers (if you count the sentiment and diecut corner, there's 3)
As You Like It: Ribbon or Lace? (Gosh, I love both! But I probably use more ribbon on my makes than lace. There's always a ribbon that works. For this make, I've used a hessian ribbon, which works great on a male card. So I'm in the ribbon camp on this one.)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Young At Heart (I think this theme is perfect for this 'young at heart' couple, as I still see us this way, yet our hair is now peppered with grey!)

Update: I made the Top 3 of Crafty Catz Challenge. So delighted!! Thank you ladies for the honour.

Comments

Unknown said…
Aww you big softie :-P Fab design for a male! And I love the sentiment!
Lucy x
Chris said…
I love your design Wends! I'd never have thought of using the papers you've chosen with this image, but they work beautifully! It makes me think of a beach cafe, out of season with your sweet couple warming themselves with a hot drink and loving looks! Beautiful colouring and sentiment ..and what a lovely thing to say about your hubby!
Chris
x
Fikreta said…
gorgeous card!
Sarah said…
Awwwww this is fantastic Wends!! LOVE the gorgeous image and how the heart was made with their coffee steam...priceless!! The message is so true in this house too xx
What a gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured Wends - love that the sentiment fitted on more than one level for you!
Blessings
Maxine
Christine L said…
Your card is beautiful Wendy.. perfect colouring and layout, and I love how you did the distressed style sentiment!

And yes, I've had similar problems with two people signing in a blog at the same time.. I think we solved it by saying on FB if we were 'in' and then 'out!' LOL!

Christine x
coldwaters2 said…
Oh my this is so beautiful Wends, the image, the card shape and colours a brilliant design, I love it
hugs
lorraine x
Alison said…
This is a fantastic card, Wends - and that sentiment is true in our house too - isn't it great to feel that way - after sooo many years...!!! It's a pain that all your hard work just went - a challenge I co-ran had a tick system if someone else was editing at the same time.
Alison xx
Judith said…
Gorgeous card Wends - just love the shape and the lovely sentiment - an dyour forer young hubby with the lovely dark hair lol xx
Wendy said…
Absolutely gorgeous Wends, super cute couple coloured so beautifully and fabulous shape.. love those dies too!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Wendy said…
Oops was meant to also say thanks for a fabulous Challenge this week :)
Hi Wends....Gorgeous card....love the image!....and your great colouring...Fab card shape as well...Brilliant challenge this week....Joolsx
kareN stampZ said…
That is an adorable image but I love all the embellishments, what a special card
Pat said…
Lovely card Wends, great shape and fabulous background paper.

Pat xx
Janette said…
Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and sentiment, which happens to be a favourite set of mine, so handy..
Thank you for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x
Cards By MI said…
Such lovely looking card. Great colouring and design. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
Paddington fan said…
Hi Wendy,
Hope you're OK and the computer gremlins have left? Just popping by with my commenting hat on - fab card hun, I love the sentiment and all the thought you put into this card, hubby is going to love it! Thank you for joining us at Passion for promarkers this time, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope you'll join us again soon,
Love Jacky x
PFP DT
Shelly said…
Ah this is a super image, you've done a great job with your card! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers, Shelly x
Hazel (Didos) said…
Ah what a cute wee card, Love the image and the way you have coloured it. Thanks for sharing with us on Passion for Promarkers this week, Love Hazelxx
Gina's Cards said…
Such a beautiful card Wendy! I love the image and the sentiment is so cute! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/
Wow, this is gorgeous, I love your coloring on the image and the shape of your card and paper choices are awesome. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Shelter special occasion challenge. Hugs!! Audrey DT
Unknown said…
This is so beautiful! The shape is fabulous, and you've colored this digi so beautifully. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT
Larissa said…
Fabulous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at As you like it!

Hugs,
Larissa
Linda Mc Enery said…
What a beautiful card. I love your design
Melissa Bove said…
Fabulous card! Such a sweet image! Amazing coloring!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa
Ginny said…
gorgeous, as always xx
Beverley said…
Gorgeous card, I love the layout. Thanks for joining in this months 'Love is in the Air' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy