Whimsy Digital New Release ~ Angel Clove

A very happy New Year to all my lovely crafty pals! What a day for a new release! The excitement doubles. I love seeing in a new year, especially if the last is also a good one to see out! I'm ready for some new positive good energy in 2019 and it's 'my year' in the Chinese Zodiac too! I'm a piggy, LOL. But seriously, I wish you all such a happy and wonderful 2019. I think it's so fitting that my crafty year should start with this lil' sweetheart, he can be my guardian angel this year. 


I find this image utterly enchanting! He is called Angel Clove and he is a brand new release this month from our very new range to Whimsy Stamps called Rustic Sugar. I love this range, there's just something adorable and rather sweet about all these images.


I took this shot in the full sun to catch the sparkle, it fades the colouring, but oh the sparkle! This is how it actually looks in reality when the light catches it! I added Wink of Stella to the halo and the wings. The frame was cut from blue glitter cardstock and the XOXO woodchip sentiment was treated in two ways. The base was coloured with two layers of copic marker to match the blue I'd used 'for his toga' as my 8 year old son put it, so sweet! Then the top layer I added glue and loose glitter to bring on that delish sparkle!


I used a stamp set from my stash to create the stars and starburst background on the kraft base. It was a little plain without I felt. So I've used Versamark Ink to stamp with and it just leaves a nice watermark type effect. I really like this on kraft card. The image is popped up on foam tape for a lil' dimension and the rest is pretty CAS. I don't think you need much bling with such a lovely image. The card size is about 5x5.


I chased the light all day to try and get a good shot of this card. It was either too bright or too dark! So I never did get a shot I was super pleased with, but the one above, shows the sparkle, so that was 'my shot', hehe. The colours are truer in the shot above, but there's no sparkle! (Apart from a sequin that reflected on his foot! Hehe, it was not a good photo day)



We have the most incredible range of new digital images in store now to kick off the New Year. You're spoilt for choice to be honest. I'm super excited that the gorgeous Sylvia Zet images that have been available as Whimsy rubber stamps, will now also be available in the Digital Vault! Super excited! I do find digital such a fabulous format to work with, being able to resize the image to fit your project size is fabulous! We also have a large number of Crissy Armstrong's enchanting Whimsy rubber stamp designs joining the Digital Vault. I am going to get RSI from all the colouring! Hehe. So much gorgeousness in store, don't take my word for it, you can click through to take a peek on the banner above. I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure, but in the meantime I wish you a wonderful 2019, filled with health, happiness, love in abundance and more than enough pennies for new crafty stash! Hugs xoxo








Challenge Entries:
Lemon Shortbread: #84 ~ Anything Goes
Unicorn Challenge: #39 ~ Things With Wings
Colour Crazy Challenge: #51 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations: January ~ Anything Goes
Dies R Us: #112 ~ Anything Goes (Tattered Lace die)
A Gem of a Challenge: #234 ~ Anything Crafty Goes
Dragonfly Journey's: #131 ~ Shiny and New (new frame die)

Update: I won the Dragonfly Journeys challenge with this lil' cutie! I'm so thrilled. Thank you so much Jeannie xoxo


Comments

Dawn T said…
Adorable Wendy.
Tracey T said…
Happy New Year Wends! Love your sweet card and the new blog design is stunning too. Here's to 2019 bringing you lots of love, good health and happiness xx
Chris said…
Happy New Year Wends!Hope 2019 brings only good things for you and your lovely family :) Thank you for your lovely Christmas card...feel really bad that I didn't send many out this year...bloomin' flu!
This card is adorable, what a lovely way to start the year! Cutest little angel, beautiful clean design and so much fabulous sparkle!
hugs
xx
Sarah said…
Happy New year Wends, hope it's a good one. I adore this little fellow and the pearl frame is perfect to show him off. Send us some sunshine would you...it's freezing here!! xx
What a sweet image Wends, and you have coloured, and 'winked' him to perfection. Love all the glitter and sparkle on this gorgeous card.
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
Very nice card!
hugs
Darlene said…
WOW another beautiful creation! What a sweet image and you've colored it beautifully! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes using Dies from Companies carried at the DRU Store’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Maria said…
Another sweet creation! Love the darling angel and all the sparkle! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!
Jane Savage said…
What a gorgeous, serene image! Beautiful! Happy New Year!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane (DT) xxx
Silke said…
Such an awesome card! Love your colouring and the glimmer shine. Many thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenges.
Hugs, Silke
Rene said…
Absolutely precious! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Creative Inspirations! Good luck!
Rene
Creative world said…
Adorable image and fantastic CAS card,love it.
Thank you for joining us at A GEM OF A CHALLENGE,hope to see you again.
Željka DT xx
More challenges to enter...
Polkadoodles
Crafting Belle said…
This is super sweet, I love the touch of baby blue against the kraft card. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge #234 at A Gem of a Challenge.

Why not join our other other challenges at Polkadoodles and Digi Choosday.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy