Whimsy Extra ~ Little Lad's Lolly Box

Hey there crafty pals. I had no intention of blogging again today, but I decided to make a special treat for my small boy to celebrate his last day of holiday tomorrow. I couldn't resist using the fabulous Whimsy Stamps papers that were part of our New Release in January. I think these are so brilliant for boys creations! I actually used papers from both paper sets that were released this month.


I used a lovely diecut from a 'Rosie's Studio' set of Glitter sentiment stickers to embellish the front of the box. I wanted to just whip something up quickly for Zac, so this sticker set was perfect and had a brilliant sentiment in the set to boot. No harm reminding my small boy how lucky he is right?!


I used three different papers from the lovely 'Oh Boy' digital paper set from Whimsy Stamps designer Denise Lynn and two from her Hearts A Flutter paper set. I really loved these papers when I saw them and have been wanting to work them into a creation ever since! The two paper sets together were perfect for this sweet treat for my boy. I don't buy him lollies often, but when I do, The Natural Confectionery Company ones are great as they're free from artificial colours and flavours. Still full of sugar of course, so these will have to last quite a few days! That's if his papa who also has a sweet tooth doesn't eat them first!


I have inked the edges of the paper and layered them over the box base which I created by tracing a little box I'd saved from a gift once. I used an A3 piece of paper to create this, as the box was slightly longer than A4 when the template was opened out. I did take photos of the box base and measurements but it's a little convoluted to add the tutorial here.


I've tried to show every angle of the box in the pics. I hope I don't make you dizzy looking at all the angles! But it gives a good sense of the dimension and all the paper styles. I especially love the lil' dinosaur paper that I used to embellish the lid. Perfect for Dinosaur lollies right?!


I'll be blogging this cute Lolly Box along with some of my teamies beautiful creations over on the main Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog tonight. Some of the Divas made some especially delish creations with the lovely Whimsy Stamps papers, so head over there to check out their gorgeous creations too. 


I'll be back again tomorrow with a very special creation and I really hope you'll come back and take a look. There are some lovely prizes on offer with that post, so I encourage you to come back and take a peek! I am very honoured to be a part of the line up and look forward to sharing this with you tomorrow.


It is of course Whimsy Stamps New Release day tomorrow too! So I will be sharing one of our fabulous New Release images with you and the rest of the team will be sharing their gorgeous new creations on their blogs and on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook page too.


Do check out the gorgeous digital papers at Whimsy Stamps, you can click through on the banner above. I love using digital papers and find them so convenient. I print mine on heavier weight cardstock 200gsm, so that I can distress or ink the edges and the papers hold up to that treatment and have some heft on my creations. They print beautifully. See you tomorrow xoxo





Challenge Entries:
The Paper Girls: #168 ~ Sparkle & Shine
Papercraft Challenges: #29 ~ Bright Colours
Crafty Gals Corner: #184 ~ CAS (box design)
Crafting From the Heart: #235 ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments: #219 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment
Moving Along With The Times: #90 ~ Add A Sentiment (Mine is a glitter sentiment sticker)
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Love Is In The Air (Not the usual interpretation for this challenge, but this was made for my small boy, as a token of my love! xoxo)

Comments

MagsB said…
I am loving your Whimsy creations, Wends! These papers are just so gorgeous, what a cute box! I hope your son settles back well at school and has a fun term!

love Mags B x
Wendy L said…
Mmmmm lovely treat box, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx
Maikreations said…
Lucky is certainly the one who gets this super sweet and fun candy box ;o) Love the bright colours! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Papercraft Challenges. Happy crafting and have a fabulous weekend! Hugs, Maike
Billie A said…
What a great gift idea and love the colors and die sentiment. Candies look good. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz
Maura said…
What a cute and fun idea! This would be a great party favor! Thanks for sharing the love with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Maura
Fikreta said…
its very cute!
scrapsandink said…
How crafty and adorable!!!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy