Fab 'n' Funky ~ Spring Colours

Hey there lovely crafty pals. It's time for a new challenge at Fab 'n' Funky and this week, our challenge is being hosted by the lovely Neva. She would like you to pull out all your Spring Colours for your creations. I love Spring, it's one of my favourite times of the year. I also love Autumn, I'm a temperate weather kinda gal, so I enjoy these months very much. The beauty as Spring blossoms to life after the long Winter, or the golding of the leaves in Autumn, sigh, love that! So I created a card that would reflect the 'Spring' theme this week.


I coloured this beautiful stamp up with Copic Markers and created the rocker base with a circular diecut and used Distress Inks to colour the base. I attended a course at a local craft store and this was the 'project' that we worked on. I think the wee birds in the tree are so lovely. The stamp and its matching diecut are by Ken Oliver and aptly called 'Tree of Life'.


It's such a small canvas, I kept the colouring pretty simple, just a couple of colours on the leaves and flowers and simple barely blended strokes on the birds. I cut a second plain tree using the intricate diecut for this stamp and added that to the back of the stamp and the back of the circular rocker base to add a bit of strength to the card.


I added a sentiment inside the card to finish this creation. It was some intricate colouring, but really didn't take that long to pull it all together. I enjoyed doing this course, but I so wish there was a 'Faye' over here in New Zealand! 


I hope you'll join in the fun with us this week for our 'Spring Colours' challenge and I can't wait to see what you're all inspired to do! I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure, in the meantime, do stop by the blog and check out what my talented teamies got up to, there are some gorgeous creations there, sure to fire your creativity. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xox






Challenge Entries:
Colour Crazy Challenge: #8 ~ Anything Goes

Update: I made the Top 3 at Colour Crazy Challenge! Thank you so much ladies. I'm really honoured xoxo



Comments

Dawn T said…
Stunning card Wendy.
Chris said…
Wow!!! Amazing, love this Wends, it's so unusual and very beautiful!
hugs
xx
Pat said…
Absolutely awesome Wends, the image is so beautiful as is your colouring and I just love the sweet little rocker card you have made it into.

Pat xx
Sarah said…
Holy mackerel!! This is sensational, that wonderful image was made for a rocker base and the message inside is just right xx
mixamatoasties said…
Wowzers, this is fabulous Wends. I love it xx
Fikreta said…
its so great card!
Jane Savage said…
Wowsers this is an amazing creation! What an uplifting design, so beautifully coloured too! Bet you were glad this stamp came with a die, I wouldn't want to tackle that with scissors! lol
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane (DT) xxx
Silke said…
Such an awesome card, love your amazing design. Many thanks for joining us at Colour Crazy Challenge.
Hugs, Silke

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy