Sweet Stampin' ~ Shakespeare

Hello my lovely blogging friends. I'm here to share our new challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week. We've decided to make it an 'Anything Goes' challenge from now on, but with an optional theme. Shakespeare's birthday is coming up and so we thought it might be fun to include a theme that celebrated his works. So you can include a Shakespeare quote on your creation or a poetic quote from any author. I've created a card with both options. 


My first card, I made for one of my nephews. He is the eldest on my side of the family and making his way in the world. He's living overseas in England right now and is working towards finding the right University for further studies. He's quite an amazing young man and I know he'll do well, whatever path he chooses. The fabulous map background is a large 6x6 rubber background stamp from Impression Obsession. It really is a fab background stamp. I used to use it with the clear perspex rocker block that I bought with it way back when, but it also works fab in my Tim Holtz stamping platform too. The wonderful lighthouse die, is a much older one from Whimsy Stamps. I really love this lighthouse die, it's my 'go to' whenever I make a nautical themed card. I've used it previously here and here.


I think this sentiment is fabulous, so inspiring for young people making their way in the world. I bought it a long long time ago. It was in a big bucket of grey rubber sentiments at one of the Ally Pally Craft fairs. I wish I'd paid better attention to the store's name, as I have SO many of these wonderful sentiments, but don't know who to attribute them to! So if anyone knows, please do fill me in! I heat embossed it in a copper embossing powder. 


My second card, I created as a commission to thank an acting teacher from a student. So the Shakespeare quote was perfect! It is the first time I'd tried stamping with StazOn ink on a transparent surface. It looks much better in reality, but as I forgot to take pics before giving it away, this was a quick snapshot taken at the venue, so I've cropped it closely to loose the background. I apologise for the poorer picture quality. I used a clear film wrap over the card base, as the base paper had quite a lot of texture to it and I wasn't certain the stamp would come out well on that. So a clear overlay, with the sentiment stamped in StazOn ink worked well. The photos really don't do it justice sadly. Note to self, photos first! 


This fabulous Shakespeare Quote has been taken from the Shakespeare play Julius Caesar. The original is not quite the same, but over time it has been altered slightly to the quote above and I do think it holds a wonderful message. This fabulous large stamp is from Lili of the Valley, who a while back did a whole range of fantastic large sentiment stamps, this one was just perfect to take centre stage (hehe, pardon the pun!) on this thespians card. It was natural with this sentiment to use stars, so I've cut a whole bunch from fabulously shiny holographic cardstock and layered them around the sentiment. I popped a few up on foam for extra dimension and interest. The card was a big hit and so was the actors recital! So everyone was happy.


So come and join us this week at Sweet Stampin' with your 'Anything Goes' creations or if you've time to create with the theme, we'd LOVE to see your 'Shakespeare Quote' or 'Poetic Quote' entries! I hope you'll come and join us either way. Happy creating! Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Crafting From The Heart: March ~ Just For Fun
Love To Scrap Challenge: #119 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenge: March ~ Anything Goes
Mod Squad: One or More Metal Dies (Lighthouse Card)
Love To Craft Challenge: #32 ~ March ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments: #223 ~ Any Sentiment Except Happy Birthday
As You Like It: Favourite Dies/Stencils ~ I really love the lighthouse die I've used on my nautical kraft card. I show a couple of other examples of where I've used this die in this post. It's lovely and though it's quite old stash now, I still pull it out whenever I'm doing a nautical creation. 

Comments

Gail said…
Thank you for dropping off your lovely card creation at Mod Squad - I like the tones and layout - and that background stamp is fabulous!
Jackie T said…
Hi your cards are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Not Just Cards Challenge Blog March Anything Goes Challenge. Hugs Jackie DT
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous masculine card and love the sentiment.Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
Carol DT x
Sarah said…
What a fabulous card. The sentiment is just right and. as you say. so inspiring for a youngster as they start on life's pathway. The lighthouse is brilliant to light the way and is, of course, perfect for our theme at AYLI!! xx
Lynne said…
A super card. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy