Whimsy Wednesday (ahem Friday) ~ Sweet Sienna

Hey crafty pals, well this week has been crackers! I am running each day trying to catch up on the things I left unfinished while my sis and her gorgeous family were here. Manic days trying to get caught up but I wouldn't trade those wonderful moments for anything! Family is so precious! So I'm swinging in late today, with my Whimsy Wednesday post. It was ready in plenty of time, as this was actually my sweet niece Sienna's Birthday card. She turned one last month and I prepared this for her party back in early Feb. I was going to post this next week and had prepared another post to share this week, then changed my mind last minute and have been trying to catch up the last couple of days. So finally, here it is, the sweet Birthday Baby Girl image by Sylvia Zet. I just love this image for young kiddies birthday celebrations. It's so enchanting and marks the occasion perfectly! 


I've used the newer notched corners die set to create the inner mats for the image. I LOVE this new set of dies. They are so lovely to use and the largest one cuts just inside a 6x6 page of paper. I've used beautiful Maja Design papers for this creation from two different sets. I love the sunshine feel these papers add to this design. I couldn't resist adding a little wooden ladybug on the ribbon to finish the design. 


I don't always colour in the background completely on my creations, but I wanted to for this one. So I inked the sky in shades of Copic blues and coloured up some grass too. The whole scene was coloured with Copic Markers. I'm getting more comfortable and familiar with the way of using the brush nibs now. It's taken me a while to get used to it after being a diehard Promarkers user for so long. I still love my Promarkers and do go back to those occasionally as I have a HUGE selection of colours, but I'm loving more and more my Copic adventures. 


I added wink of stella to the candle, which doesn't photograph well, but I managed to capture a little sparkle in the shot above. So pretty in reality.


I've layered up the notched square mats with foam for a bit of dimension, added some pretty cotton lace and a lush red organza ribbon. I edged all the papers in Distress Ink to finish them. The final finishing touches were a wee sparkly white heart in the top right corner and a little red diecut '1' in the bottom right. 


It's so lovely having the Sylvia Zet Collection both as rubber stamps and now in the Digital Vault too. I love using both mediums, but I DO love the ease and convenience of digital. I'm in the process of backing up all my digital stamps at the moment, as I'd be heartbroken to lose them! I have a little external hard-drive I copy them too periodically. I've done some, but have a few more to do, so must get to it! I'll be back again very soon with another crafty adventure. The full lineup of Whimsy Stamps items I've used is in the thumbnails below. But you can also click through on the banner above to be taken through to the main store. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo








Challenge Entries:
Crafty Calendar: March ~ For A Child
Cute Card Thursday: #572 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #9 ~ Anything Goes
As You Like It: Layers ~ One or Many? I'm definitely a multiple layers kinda gal. I don't really do the full on shabby chic layers, oh how I love those cards! But I do love to layer up pretty paper.

Comments

Dawn T said…
Adorable Wendy. It's so sweet.
Chris said…
So sweet Wends, I do love these Sylvia Zet images, most of mine are actual stamps but it's great to know that they're available digitally now too!
the design and layout of your card is lovely and the bright colours will appeal to tiny tot!
Have a lovely weekend
hugs
xx
*Vicki* said…
This is absolutely precious Wendy! :) I just love the colors and that gorgeous ribbon with the wee littly lady bug!! You've colored her up so beautifully my friend!! Thanks for always lifting my spirits with your kindness sweet friend!! HUGS
Fikreta said…
Its wonderful card!
mixamatoasties said…
So cute. I'm a sucker for red gingham and this is perfect for a wee one. xx
Sarah said…
This is so cute Wends and perfect for the very special occasion afforded to a first Birthday!! Love the adorable image and the papers are wonderful and very cheery. The little ladybird looks perfectly placed on the bow xx
Chris said…
Hi Wends, so pleased you joined us at Crafty Calendar this month, this lovely card deserved a second look!
xx
Brilliant card - love the shape. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It, Jayne x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy