Whimsy Stamps ~ Sunflowers For Ukraine

Hey crafty friends, I have a lovely card to share with you today, that I made for my mother in law, who has a very special, big birthday coming up. The image I've used is a beautiful sunflower image that Jennifer Dove the artist behind the DoveArt range at Whimsy Stamps, drew to honour the people of Ukraine. This has been given away as a freebie in the Facebook Group and if you've read some of my earlier posts, you'll know I love Sunflowers and they have a long and special history for me. So it was lovely to colour up this image and with a big birthday coming up for my lovely mother in law, I felt this could be a perfect creation to send her, especially with the blue chevron trim, as this is her favourite colour.


I've coloured the sunflower with my Copic markers and added some sparkle into the central area of the sunflower for a bit of interest. I initially stamped the sentiment straight on the image, but the card is quite large and didn't fit my stamping platform. I tried double stamping with the outside of the lid as I've seen others do, but had an epic fail! The card didn't move, but the platform did, enough to cause a shadow stamping effect instead of the nice crisp double stamping I was going for, what a mess!


So I opted to add the sentiment to textured white cardstock and fussy cut around the sentiment as closely as possible to cover as little of the coloured image under it as I could. Not what I'd planned or envisioned but an okay fix I think.


I really like this fun chevron background from Whimsy Stamps, it has a cool stepped pattern within the chevron design, that makes it a little more interest, but is still a great 'more neutral' background stamp which I think works for so many different designs. You really need to check out what the rest of my talented teamies have done with this cool background stamp! So many different takes on how to use it and they're fabulous!


If you'd like to colour your own copy of this gorgeous sunflower, be sure to head over to the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group to grab yours! I've had a busy start to this month and have a bit of catching up to do with my posts, so I'll be back again soon with another crafty creation. 


Wishing you a day filled with beautiful things! Hugs and happy crafting xoxo








Comments

Chris said…
It's a fabulous card for your MIL Wends. The sunflower is stunning, and beautifully coloured too, love the added sparkle. Perfect stamping with the chevron stamp- I thought it was DP until I read your post. Great save with the sentiment- you must have been horrified when the platform slipped!Als well that ends well!
xx
aussie aNNie said…
Stunning card, love the sunflowers and the thought of Ukraine...xxx
Pat said…
Beautiful card Wends, your image is gorgeous I am sure your mother-in-law will love it, it looks so good with the chevron trim.

Pat xx
Oh what a beautiful card Wends - love your colouring of that magnificent sunflower!!
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy